Monday, March 3, 2008

Next Thing I Know, She'll Be Graduating

Saturday was a sad, sad day for me. I was browsing the toddler section at my local Walmart. I was going to pick up some things for Makayla. I realized, to my dismay, that none of the clothes in the toddler section fit Makayla anymore.

That's when I reluctantly turned my cart toward the little girl section. This morning Makayla is wearing some of the new things I bought for her on Saturday. And they fit!!

I know that most mothers are happy when their children are wearing clothes that fit them. I guess I'm just struggling with the fact that my 3-year-old is wearing size 6. In little girls. Already! It's like she grew up and somehow I missed it!

5 comments:

ann said...

I know how you feel I have the same problem!

Jill said...

Lizzie was our tall one. She and Sarah wore the same size for several years and Lizzie is 2 years younger than Sarah! It is sad when they seem to grow so fast. It would be even more cause for sadness if they didn't grow up at all. :( Just love them and take advantage of every minute so when they are gone you have no regrets. :)

Anonymous said...

I understand to some point- It just seems like as we get older the time goes faster! I agree- Just love and love so you don't have any regrets!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, she must be super tall. I have a hard time everytime I take a minute to think about the fact that Caden will be turning 4 soon. I love the advice your mom gave.

Veronica said...

They seem to do that to us, grow up so fast and we don't know where the time went. Mckayla is quite tall, it's no wonder you had to go to big girl clothes. I am so sad that we weren't able to go sledding, I hope we can get together again soon. I love hanging out with you and your girls.