Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'd Like to Add Another Word to the Dictionary

spuke- [spyook] noun. verb, spuked. slang.

-noun
1. spit up, as a result of older sister pushing on baby's belly after eating.

-verb
1. to spit out forcefully. Eww! Kimberly spuked!

-slang
1. a toddler's combination of "spit up" and "puke"

***********************
Do you think I would get paid if this word actually made it into Webster's? Do you think it would be enough to cover Ellie's college education? Since, you know, she was the one to come up with the word.

4 comments:

Lizzie Wright said...

no comment on the post, but rather on your ellie quote. i wonder where she got that from. could it be from the grandpa that she adores?? hmmm. i wonder.

Laura said...

yes, I'd say that's a fair assessment.

sarefamily said...

you are a dork- that's why we love you!!!:)

Katie said...

PS, you don't get paid but if you have a good enough word and definition Webster's will publish the word. Just go to the website. PSS I don't know what "good enough" is either. I've been rejected on all my slang words with what I thought were good definitions.