Friday, September 11, 2009

After 7 Years I've Learned How to Get My Way

But in reality, it didn't take me seven years to learn. I've just perfected the art of getting my way.

Example: I told Kasey this evening that I want a new camera for Christmas, but I don't want to buy it myself. Because let's face it, playing Santa for yourself just isn't as much fun as when someone else does it for you.

Anyway, he made a pointed glance at my camera and asked, "Don't you already have a camera?"

"Yes, but I want a new one."

Then I went into detail about which one I wanted and why and how much it would cost Santa.

He just stared at me. At which point I pulled out the big guns.(no pun intended) "You have 8 guns that all do the same thing, so don't tell me that I can't have 2 cameras."

He turned around and walked out of the room because he knew all too well that I had won this discussion. A few minutes later he came back and said, "When we go to Costco tomorrow you can show me which one you want."

Yessss!! I love when I get my way!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Anonymous said, "You know Laura, you may think you got away with something, but you have three little girls who will pull the same trick on their mother. And you probably have a 2 year old that does it everyday."

I think it's pretty funny. I've never had to resort to such tactics.

Tam Tam said...

Nice when husbands have expensive hobbies! Well I don't know if guns are expensive...but looks like it worked to get a new camera. Nice!

Unknown said...

You are SUPER right! Playing Santa for yourself isn't always fun! But I'd rather play Santa for myself then get something I'll never use like a gumball machine (no joke, he really dropped the ball on that one) So the art of hint dropping is a GREAT gift to employ! I have 2 cameras, and 2 computers, and 2 personalities, all the good stuff comes in twos MWAHAHAHAHA!

Jayson & Carrie said...

You go girl!!!!

Kami said...

Ha ha. Boys and guns!