It's 4:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. That seems to be happening to me a lot lately. I'm so exhausted, but I can't turn my mind off long enough to get some decent sleep. I'm either up until 2 am, or if I get to bed by midnight, I am usually wide awake before dawn.
I have so many thoughts racing through my head. I have so much that I want to blog about, but whenever I sit down to type, my mind goes blank. (It took me 7 minutes to write those 2 sentences. Ridiculous!)
This reminds me of when I was a junior in high school. I had really bad insomnia. I literally went for days without sleep. And I had the worst writer's block. And I cried a lot. There has been much crying at my house lately.
Ugh! Why can't I sleep!?
7 comments:
that does not sound like much fun at all. hope you get some sleep!
Yeah, that is awful. I hope you get some sleep soon, too!
Oh, so sorry. For me, whenever I get like that, it is usually some sort of anxiety that I am ignoring and need to deal with. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon. Being a mom, being a mom who just had surgery, being a mom with all the other details, it's not easy. Keep your head up!
Going without sleep takes such a toll! I sure hope you can find some soon. (Rub some lavender oil on the bottoms of your feet before going to bed)
Oh Laura, that stinks. I'm so sorry! I know when I can't turn my brain off one thing that really helps me is to write in a notebook or journal that NO ONE else reads to just get things out of my head and off my shoulders. Just write and write and write whatever comes to mind with no intention of anyone else ever reading it, and maybe not even yourself ever reading it again. Just get it OUT. Good luck my dear :)
My rules of conduct for insomnia =)
Check medications that might be the cause. Soemtimes new combo's can do weird things--sometimes finishing a med will do it.
Take a walk--even if it is arount the livingroom in the middle of the night--you'd be suprised how much that can help. A step is even better. 5 minutes of stair stepping can lead to a strong desire to sleep =) Bottom line--I usually need to find a way to burn the extra adrenaline or whatever it is that is keeping my mind running. Physical exhaustion usually helps. If nothing else--you'll get a bit of a workout anyway.
I hope you are sleeping better by now.
I haven't checked blogs in a while, it was fun to see what you guys are up to. Sorry, about the insomnia! Good luck!
Post a Comment