Tuesday, May 25, 2010

That's One Way to Learn the ABC's

One morning when I was getting Makayla ready for school, I asked her how she wanted me to do her hair.

Do an "X" with braids.

Wow! Really? I'll do my best.

The kids at school loved her cool hair. So the next morning she asked me to do her hair in an "A."

What followed was 3 months of crazy hair experimenting, trying to braid/twist/etc the 26 letters of the alphabet into her hair. Some definitely turned out better than others. Well, just see for yourself.



















































The kids in Makayla's class were so funny. When I went in to help on Thursdays, if I hadn't done a letter in Makayla's hair that day, the kindergartners would come up to me and complain, "Why didn't you do a letter in Makayla's hair today?" or my favorite was "Why haven't you done "T" for my name yet?" "I was gone when you did my letter. Can you do it again?"
Although it was fun creating the alphabet in Makayla's hair, I'm not sure I would do it again. Good thing I took pictures the first time around.

15 comments:

Katie said...

I said, "Wow! Really?" too! I'm impressed how far your hairstyling skills have come! ;)

Unknown said...

I LOVE them! She has long hair for kindergartner!!
They turned out amazing!

Tam Tam said...

You are too crazy. But that is amazing. I cannot believe you did all 26 letters. What a great mom you are!

Carrie said...

WOW! i love this idea. I may have to copy you(: You are so creative! Thanks for posting it.

Harris said...

HOW FUN! I'll bet she LOVED the attention, what a good mom! I am impressed!

Unknown said...

That is SO neat! I can't wait for hair that easy to do!

I hope you are getting more sleep!

Melissa said...

Love it. I hope Madison's hair gets longer so I can steal the idea's from you. She love me to make things like butter flies and hearts and such. We have done the letter M, H, X but Now I can do more. WOW WOW WOW I never remember to take pictures. Way to go.

Jed & Tricia said...

HOly Cow... thats AMAZING!!!

Amy Nielson said...

Laura, that is NUTS. You are so creative! I can't even braid my own hair... let alone braid an "S" in someone else's!! I'm scared of someday having a girl, because I won't know what to do with her hair!! Maybe this is why you've had 3 of them :)

Neals said...

You are an amazing women. That is crazy awesome! Your girls are so lucky to have you as their mama.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Oh my goodness -- you are simply AMAZING. Seriously. I love love love all of them. I should have done this for Bug since she's in Kindergarten but never even thought about it. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Truly an inspiration! :-)

Jill said...

Thanks for posting! That is so awesome!
Katie, she has had LOTS of practice!! :)

June Marie said...

Oh Laura, are you amazing or what? I am nothing if not awestruck at this one.

Veronica said...

WOW!!! All 26, so neat. I can barley braid and they look so good in every letter. Nice work, and a lot of work too:-)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

WOW!Im IMPRESSED! I am coming to you when we start DOING HAIR:)