Fear has taken on a whole new meaning for me today.
Before today I was afraid of silly things like the dark. But after today, fear of the dark in no way compares to the fear I felt when I learned that my 3-year-old had run away from the birthday party she was attending.
Even after I found out she had safely walked home, that horrible feeling didn't leave me until I got home myself and held her tightly in my arms.
I know that angels were watching over my family today. And no one can tell me that God does not love and protect His children.
8 comments:
You gave me goose bumps! Why did she run away from the birthday party? and where were the parents/adults that were suppose to be watching the kids?
*I can compare a little with you on this one. Once Mason ran away from us- and it was such a sick and scary feeling. Luckily, we found him...
I am so glad that she got home safe and I agree with you totally- God does love and protect our families. Love you. hugs.
this sounds terrible. how long was she missing before you found her? i guess that is irrelevant when you are scared time really has no meaning. i'm so glad this worked out.
I asked her why she left. She told me her tummy was sick so she came home.
My sister was at my apt watching Ellie for me while I was at a meeting. She heard a knock on the door, and it was Makayla. She went back to the party to let them know that Makayla had walked home. No one had even noticed that she was missing.
The mom actually came to where my meeting was and told me all of this so I didn't freak out when I went to pick up Makayla and she wasn't there. But I freaked anyway.
That just gave me the sickest feeling! It brought back the memories of when we lost Lizzie when she was 3. We all have a huge thank you to express in our prayers! Hugs! Mom
I am so sorry! I'm glad she is home safe!! how many blocks did she walk? thank goodness your sister was at your house.
I am impressed that she knew her way home. How scary! I am happy that you got her back safely.
We lost Heber in an arcade right before his 2nd birthday. It was dark and the room was big and filled with games and blinking lights. It was the most frightening 25 minutes of my life.
wow I can't even imagine I'm glad she is okay. Sara used to randomly run away all the time when she was little and was supposed to be taking a nap. Scary stuff!
I am so glad that she got home safe. I can't imagine how scary that would be. I agree 100% that God watches over and protects little children.
Post a Comment