Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Report Card

If my status as wife/mother was based on the completion of my to-do list, I totally would have flunked out today!

I did exactly 5 things on my list before ignoring it all together.

And really, I don't feel bad. Because instead of vacuuming my living room, I danced around it with my 15-month-old. And instead of changing the bedding, I used it to build a castle with my 3-year-old. When I "should" have been scrubbing the toilet, I was reading books to Ellie and helping Makayla learn her letters.

You know, when it comes right down to it, those are the things--dancing and playing and reading with my children--that they will remember and not whether or not our house was spotless every minute of every day.

Plus, there's always tomorrow to get things done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right! Good for you! - I love spending time with my kids; but I also like having my house "spotless". I am glad that you had a great time with your girls!! And, you made memories with your girls and that is WHAT MATTERS!!

Jill said...

Amen to what Amber said! Good for you! I wish I had learned that before it was too late!

ann said...

I love your thinking!!!! I love playing with the boys and their are many times that the boys come before the house!!!! I make cleaning a game and they didn't know that they were really helping me!!

Paige said...

Amen Sister!

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica said...

YOu may not belive this, but I have let so much go at my house cause it is much funner spent with my kids. I am still a clean freak at times,but I am getting a lot more leanient.