Monday, July 6, 2009

Two Hours Later

I wrote that last post while everyone was in time out, myself included. Makayla and Ellie were fighting, Kimberly was screaming, and I was at the end of my rope. So I assigned everyone a different room for 5 minutes of alone time. While in my self-imposed time out, I tried to think of what I could do to ease the tension in the house. My idea?

Swimming in the bathtub with swim suits. Laughter is pretty much always the best antidote to a bad situation, in my opinion. And there was lots of laughing! Afterwards, I was a happy mom with three very happy children.

Maybe we should swim in the tub a little more often!

4 comments:

ann said...

GREAT IDEA FOR SURE!!!

Kami said...

Kymberly is getting so big! I'm glad you found something that worked for cheering up your girls, sometimes it just feels like no ones happy for hours and it's hard to find something to change that. Also, I totally have to agree with your #8 below!

neals said...

Holy moly! Kimmie is so big. I can't wait to see you guys this month. WHOOHOOO its this month!

Unknown said...

That is a very cute idea! So they got a "bath" without even knowing it, LOL! Way to be resourceful! :)