Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whining

I'm in such a whiny mood tonight.

I have a ridiculously long to-do list for this week. Some of it is piddly little things like picking up the dry cleaning. Other stuff is long and involved like canning fruit, which is bound to be an all-day project. Running errands, typing this, emailing that, writing a talk, learning some new music, preparing a craft for activity day girls, calling this person, arranging that meeting.

All this on top of my regular to-do list stuff--cooking, cleaning, raising children. . . you know.

Ugh! I don't want to do any of it right now. I want to sit and read my book or watch a good movie and eat a yummy treat whilst lounging in my pajamas. In fact, that's what I want to do for the entire 5 days that Kasey will be home. I don't want to be a responsible adult. I want to do what I want to do and not what is required of me. I want to sleep in, take my kids to the park, and eat ice cream for lunch.

And to top off my whiniest post to date, I just found out that Kasey, after traveling 13 hours through the night, is required to take a 4 hour class before he can come home tomorrow. What the h***!

------------------------------
I think sometimes a girl just needs to get some things off her chest before she can buckle down and get to work.

Laundry, here I come.

7 comments:

Jed & Tricia said...

Well I understand your whinny attitude... I have those days! More than less too!! I would enjoy your time with Kasey though! I just read in a book that we didn't make a covenant with the laundry with the cleaning with the cooking,with the computer. We made a covenant with our husband and we should always remember that! It will all be there when he leaves, ( except maybe the fruit haha:) Love ya Laura!!!

Unknown said...

I sometimes have entire weeks like that! When I feel like I'm all alone, doing everything myself! You know what I do? I give myself a day! I do stay in my pajamas AND I do eat ice cream for breakfast, and by then I'm feeling better :) By 3:0 I am ready to work :)

It is ok sometimes to take it 1 hour at a time! I hardly ever take things 1 day at a time, that is too much for me to comprehend! Usually I split it into halves!

You should read through Storm Glass so I can send you the AMAZING Sea Glass! WHOA! *HUGS*

Jill said...

Why didn't you have me help you while I was there? I could have stayed longer! After all, I don't come very often!

Unknown said...

Some days are just like that! I'm feeling for you! Breath in and out- and it'll be okay!

Jill said...

Aren't you glad that canning is done and doesn't it feel good?

Laura said...

Yes and yes. Now I only have 17 things on my to do list.

Jayson & Carrie said...

Okay...I gotta say...you make me laugh so hard!!! This sounds just like what everyone wants to say... and feels... Glad to know I'm not the only one! Some days I want to revert back to my single days merely to embrace the fact that I had no cares in the world!! A tiny rent..and groceries if I wanted to eat haha! So carefree! But I wouldn't trade my family and what I have now...so bring on the stress I suppose! Feel free to whine anytime!