I've been thinking about goals a lot over the past few weeks. I'm really good at thinking of things I want to accomplish. What I am not so great at, however, is writing them down or following through.
I have read on several blogs lately about other people's goals. (It's the new year. Go figure.) What I like most about what I have read is a weekly goal. I love that idea. A week is such a manageable time frame. For one week I focus on something very specific that I want to do or learn to improve myself. Seems easy enough.
So that is my resolution for this year: set a weekly goal and work my hardest to accomplish it. I know there will be weeks where I will probably fall short. In that case, I will extend that goal into the next week.
By doing this, I hope to become a better version of myself. More self-disciplined. More learned. Hopefully, I will become a happier, healthier person. That's the goal, at least.
My goal for this week is to go to bed before 10pm every night. This one will be a hard one for me. I have a bad habit of staying up way too late. Especially when Kasey is gone. Last week I only got to bed before midnight one night. Three of those nights it wasn't until after 2am. Yikes! I have felt extra tired and extra grouchy. And my brain is processing information at a sluggish pace. I am hoping that by getting more rest I can remedy some of these problems.
Wish me luck!
7 comments:
Good Luck Kiddo!
Sounds good!
I wish I could that as well- but my hubby doesn't get home from work until after 10. So that would be too hard!
I do wish you luck though!
This is a goal my mom set for me this morning lol. Now you've inspired me... Although I'm gonna shoot for 11:30. (realistic but a DRASTIC improvement). Good luck! :)
This is such a good idea and much less overwhelming than, say, new years resolutions...if you ever need a goal idea head over to my blog and link to my joint blog with my sister! We do one every week! It is fun! I might need to follow your goal this week, I, too have been up WAY too late lately. You know it's bad when midnight seems early. :) GOod luck!
:) I tried that but then tossed and turned, I guess it's because I told myself I could never go to sleep before 11 :) Even these days getting up every few hours with Aleda I have an easier time falling asleep during the day, I should have been an owl :)
I set new goals every week too! I have a planner and every Monday in the notes section I write all the little reminders to myself of what I need to do this week... work out at least 4x, in bed by 10... cut out sugar... etc. A week is totally doable!
Good luck to you :)
how is sleeping by 10 working for you? L's decided to stay up late. I don't think i've gone to bed before 4 am all week. =(
Post a Comment