Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goal: Week 4

Wow! I have really loved my goal from last week. I love making myself take the time to read everyday. Sometimes it's a novel. Other times it's a cookbook. Whatever I am reading, I love taking the time to do it. It's a goal that I definitely want to keep going.

For this week, my goal is to finish rotating my girls' clothes. I really hate doing this. I hate getting them out of storage, searching through to figure out what will fit who and so on. This is not actually as easy as it sounds.

Here is one problem. Makayla has long legs and a short body. Ellie has a long body and short legs. So while Makayla was wearing 3T shirts, she needed 5T pants. Now Ellie is at the stage where she needs 5T shirts, but can still fit into 3T pants. It's an absolute nightmare tyring to sift through everything trying to find old clothes of Makayla's in the right season to fit Ellie now and for this coming summer.

Another problem is that I got lazy when I was putting away baby clothes after I had Ellie, so none of my boxes are labeled right for baby clothes. One box I looked through was labeled 12 months, but it contained 3T and miscellaneous 6-9 month clothes. The very same 6-9 month clothes that I was looking for 2 months ago when Kimberly needed them. Grrr!! I'm so annoyed with this process that on several occasions I have threatened to give away all 20 boxes of girls clothes in our storage unit and start fresh for all three girls.

I am getting really tired of having piles and piles of clothes and empty buckets and boxes in my not-so-big living room. So I am really determined to get this mess figured out. Ugh! What a nightmare!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Good luck. I am pretty lucky, I can pretty much just put too small clothes for Brenden into Collin's closet. They are so close in size. What I hate is when some 3ts still fit Brenden or to the liking cause I feel like I want all the sizes to be kept together. It drives me crazy, cause I feel like I can't out any clothes away until they are completly outgrown all the sizes.

ann said...

Man this is one of my favorate things to do...I guess i'm just a geek that way! lol!

sarefamily said...

you need to have a boy, then you can get all new clothes:)

Unknown said...

I HATE IT TOO!
I am way behind and have a box I just put clothes to be sorted and have a day, Monday, is for sorting.

Lets check out my girls:
Halle is 4.5
Wears size 7 pants and 7/8 shirts or M.
Payton is 4
Wears 4T pants and tops.
So in storage is 5T and 6 clothes!
Sofia is 2 and in 2T so 3T clothes are also in storage :)
Then Alexa is in 0-3 months so
3-6, 6-9, 9-12, 18-24 are all in storage!
Of course then there is Parker and boy clothes from birth-12 are in storage :)

I find even if they are labeled no one fits in the same thing at the same time and season.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!