Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jillian Michaels, I Loathe You!

Every muscle in my body is screaming for mercy right now! Yesterday I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Oh man! She is brutal! BRUTAL!!

Muscles ache that I didn't even know I had. Even the muscles in my face hurt from twisting and contorting in pain from the rigorous workout.

Reaching up to get a cup out of the cupboard is torture. Squatting down to get a mixing bowl? Pure agony.

I want to quit so bad! I want to curl up in a ball on my bed and weep for the next 3 days until I feel better.

BUT I know that if I keep going, keep working through the stiff and sore muscles, that I will get stronger and thinner and healthier. So my goal for this week is to keep up with my workout even though I may want to quit. My regimen, which is pretty intense, goes like this: Monday, Wednesday and Friday work out with the ladies at church from 9am-10am. We jog/sprint, run ladders, lift weights (in the form of our 20-lb babies. haha) and work on our abs (at this point the only proof that I have abs is that they hurt so dang much!). Monday-Friday I do my 20 minute Jillian Michaels DVD with a friend. I'm undecided about working out on Saturday. On the one hand, it would be nice to have a 2 day break. But on the other hand, exercising on Saturday would get me to my goal that much faster. Any opinions on that?

Oh, and since I suck at getting to bed by 10:30, let alone 10, I am going to keep working on that for this week, too. I will probably need all the extra rest I can get!!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I say take Saturday off. You could burn yourself out with all of that excersize! Just ask me...
Also, remember that the weight loss will pretty much come from the eating part of it. I worked out for the last 4 months and didn't lose a pound because I wasn't being very good with my eating. What a waste!!! Make it worth it. I know you'll be getting healthier and stronger, but we know we want results!!
Good luck and kick some Jillian butt for me!

Laura said...

The eating part is coming along. I have cut out sugary snacks and soda. I'm still working on portion sizes and cooking healthily. I want to start following the diet that goes along with the DVD, but it costs money to access it online so I'm still deciding about that.

Natalie said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I say take Sat off - let your body recoup, just be extra strict about what you eat. Food, afterall, is about 80% of your results. I'm amazed at the weight that just melts off me when all I do is eat right.

HAVE FUN and keep us updated on the results!

Veronica said...

NIce work!!! My husband bought me "Making the Cut" by her. It was supposed to be a 30 day thing. I bought all the food did her menus-well I lasted 2 weeks and got burned out on the meal part. The workout kicked my butt. I feel ya, but at least you are sore from doing exercise. I too say take Saturday off. You need to let your muscles rest. i love Jillian, I know she knows what she is talking about. She not only knows the science to our bodys but how to make it all work too. Plus I like that she was overweight too, so she knows what we go through. Keep up the good work. It helps so much when you have a group or others to work out with.

Neals said...

ahhh don't you love feeling the pain as you try to squat down on the toilet and then having to convince yourself that the pain to get off the toilet is worth it?.....oh is that only me!? hehe I just started working out on New Years. I say take off Sat IF YOU CAN. I am one who can't. If I do I find myself not being aware of what I am eating. I only take off Sun. and I have to be strict with myself on that day. What works for me is working out in the morning and finding our how many calories I've burned and then with that knowledge it keeps me aware of what I am eating so I am not eating what I've just lost.
Is this making sense? Anyways as a fellow worker-outer.....good luck and stick with it!
P.S. you don't have to post this if you don't want to. I know its long.

beck said...

So...I passed by this DVD at Target, thought of you, threw it in the cart. You are my inspiration, and man, I'm sore. haha! It's been too long since I've done anything like that, but it feels good. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!