To me, this is what it really means to be a mother. Not just taking care of my children. Not just merely providing for their physical needs. But taking time out of my day and things that I need to do in order to spend it one on one with my little girl who just wants to be with me. Having fun and being crazy.
All that other stuff can wait.
9 comments:
AMEN! WELL PUT!
Exactly. :)
Yup, all that other stuff will still be there. And our little ones grow too quick and won't be little for long!
wow did you guys get a trampoline? Fun fun
Way to put us mortal moms to shame!
When I play with them now they look at me and say, "are you playing too?" makes me feel like such a cow!
So true, Laura. My mornings at home pre-Parker would have involved the Today show, lots more sleeping, an elaborate hot breakfast, and a workout.
Now it's a quick bowl of cereal (if I'm lucky), tummy time, story time, etc! I'm doing good to have makeup on before noon and breakfast in my belly by 11.
But it's all worth it to have little ones who know their loved, right?? :)
Have you ever heard this poem?
Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Wish I had learned to do that more. Good job, Laura.
I get caught up all the time in the things "I should" be doing and sometimes forget that my kids need more then just taken care of.
GOOD JOB!!
AWWW I love this... and LOVE LOVE LOVE being a MOMMA:)
Post a Comment