Monday, September 13, 2010

Passing Notes in Church

I found a note this morning while I was picking up the living room. It was mixed in with some other papers from church.
Stoopid yur mad me in chrabl {angry face}
I translate it to say
Stupid you made me in trouble

At first I was a little upset that Makayla was calling Ellie "stupid." But then I just had to laugh at her phonetic spelling of the words. And I especially love the angry face she drew. It has vampire teeth. Even though I don't condone the name-calling, I'm tempted to keep the note.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Update: I talked to Makayla about the note, and she denied having written it to anyone. But the guilty look on her face proved otherwise. When I asked her if it was nice to call someone "stoopid" she shook her head no. Then she snatched the note out of my hand and tore it into little pieces. I'm a little bummed that I don't have it to show her when she is 20. At least it's on the blog.

6 comments:

Tam Tam said...

hehe cute. (I know, we shouldn't be saying they're cute when they're not being nice huh!) I think it's so funny when they spell words and it doesn't even start with the same letter e.g. ch in chrabl. So funny. Definitely keep the note!

Neals said...

hahaha! I would def keep the note. When they get older, they are going to laugh so hard at that. Oh and btw, does Ellie know how to read anyways?! :)

Laura said...

haha! I never thought about Ellie not being able to read the note.

Jill said...

Too bad she tore up the note. :(

Unknown said...

This made me laugh! What a great way to start out my day :D

The first thing I thought was that Ellie couldn't read it but she could have got the meaning from the face :D

ADORABLE!

Amy Nielson said...

this is hilarious! i hate the update though... how sad that makayla has rid of the evidence :(

i got your happy birthday email... thank you! miss you guys!