Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Sammy



Born: January 15, 2011
Died: March 13, 2011
Our sweet Sammy returned to heaven on Sunday. We are devastated. Never in a million years would I think this is something we would have to endure. I feel like this nightmare belongs to someone else and wish I could wake up from what surely must be a dream.
We cherish every moment we had with Sammy and every picture that was taken; although, now it feels like there aren't enough of either.
I know there are questions about how she died. We have an idea what happened, but until we get the final autopsy report I don't want to say anything.
If I may, I ask you to please pray for our family. The help of our loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ is the only way we will be able to make it through this.

30 comments:

Harris said...

Laura, I am so so sorry for your loss! We will keep your sweet family in our prayers. Sending much love your way!

beck said...

I'm up late and am seeing this and my heart is hurting for you and your little family. I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. We will absolutely be keeping you and your family in our prayers and thoughts.

Jenn said...

You have been in our thoughts and prayers since we heard the sad news on Sunday. Samantha is beautiful, and will be well taken care of. I wish I could give you all hugs. You're an amazing family, and we will be praying for your comfort. Loves and Hugs!

Tam Tam said...

Oh Laura. I'm so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers. And hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.

Unknown said...

Laura I'm so sorry, prayers will be going out for your little family. I'll also put your family on the prayer roll.

Candace said...

Oh Laura, I am so terribly sorry you have to experience this. May all that Heaven has be yours to help you through this! And really, We'd be happy to help with the Girls or anything else you may need.

Carrie said...

Oh Laura!! My heart is breaking with yours. It's not fair. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers every minute since I heard. There are no words. I am so SO sorry you and your family are going through this. We love you!! I know you are amazingly strong and I'm happy you're a forever family. She'll be waiting for you. I hope you feel her close and will be comforted through this huge trial. I'd love to get your address. Praying so hard for all those unanswered questions and peace for your sweet family. Love, Carrie

Unknown said...

Laura, you and Kasey and your daughters are in our prayers - as well as the entire Nielson clan. Amazing how this little tiny beautiful spirit can touch so many lives. She is so precious and forever yours. Much love and hugs from the Christensens.

sarefamily said...

Laura, I have been thinking of you and your beautiful family since the moment I heard about this. I know there is nothing I could write to you to ease the pain you are going through, but just know that I am here thinking about you and praying for you. All my love to you and your precious daughters....may you find comfort somewhere, somehow. love you.......kyra

Ryan and Leah said...

My heart breaks for you! I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family are in our prayers! Many hugs, loves and prayers being sent your way!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

This photo of SAMMY is BEAUTIFUL!!HUGS!!!! We love you guys!

Stephanie Waite said...

Laura,
Your friend McKenna emailed me about your sweet Samantha Marie. My 4th little girl Camille passed away almost 3 years ago now. I just wanted to tell you from one mother's knowing heart to another that you are not alone and if you are interested in talking to others who are currently where you are or have been through that fresh grief and learned to find hope and joy again you can email me. I have started a private blog for parents who have lost young children that were born living. I would be happy to invite you to it if you think that is something that would help you. Everyone invited is an author so we can all post our questions, feelings, and emotions that we sometimes feel we can only share with someone else who really knows.

Sending a prayer to you and your family tonight.

Stephanie Waite
stephaniewaite at gmail.com
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com

Joyce Kay said...

I will say a prayer for you and your family that God will comfort you.

Lynnie said...

I found your blog from the daily scoop. Please know you will be in my prayers. I am so so sorry for the loss of your little angel.

Rachel Doyle said...

I too found your blog from a Daily Scoop. I too have lost a child, and I am so sorry you have to join the ranks. My Nathan has been gone for over 4 years - it does get easier to live day to day - but it takes time and a lot of love and support. I found a lot of support through the SHARE organization and many others online who have shared the same loss. God Bless You.

Rachel Doyle

Unknown said...

Laura,
She is a beautiful angel, on earth and above. I am praying for you guys every day. I hope you know that I cherish your friendship. You are truly an amazing woman and the Lord will bless you for enduring this. I hope you know you can call on me for anything. We love you so much and I hope I can be of some help to you during this hard time.

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Laura, this breaks my heart. I'm so sorry. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Callie (Rigby) Beardall and family

Regina said...

My English is not good enough to express my wishes for you. Hope somebody might translate this for you:

Die Liebe unseres himmlischen Vaters ist tiefer als unser Kummer und größer als das unendliche Meer aller unsere Tränen jemals sein kann. Er trägt Dich in den unfassbarsten, entsetzlichsten Stunden Deines Lebens und er trägt Sammy in seinen unendlich liebevollen Vaterhänden bis ihr eines Tages vereint seid.

My prayers and thoughts are so much with you!

Regina
Cologne/Germany

Kaci said...

My heart is aching with yours. My baby died in November at 30 days old. I feel your pain... It seems like sometimes there is nobody that understands... well there really isn't, except God. I have been tracking my feelings on a blog, and it seems to be good therapy for me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to let everyone know just how I was feeling, but to me, it's important. It's very important to have feelings validated, and for people to not judge you and think that you are over-reacting, or tell you when you should be "getting over things", or "moving on". Please remember that you can deal with this however you want to, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I especially like the book, "tear soup"... it really hit it head on for me. I will be praying for you family. Much love, Kaci www.abearforbabyjoshua.blogspot.com

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

Laura,
I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you, and your in our thoughts & prayers. What a blessing it is that we can be families forever!!
Jennifer (Tippets) Hadfield

Candace said...

Laura, the Funeral was BEAUTIFUL. The Spirit was so strong. To hear your Fathers' and your testimony. You are such an amazing Family. We really are here if you need us. I know we've been not so close the past couple of years, and for whatever I've done, I am deeply sorry! I do hope we can share a Friendship in the future. We'd love to have you over sometime.

Julie N. said...

Laura, you and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers often this week. My heart is aching for you. She is such a beautiful baby!

Chelsee Joy said...

Laura, I am so sorry for your loss. I just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and your sweet family, and in our prayers. Sending lots of love your way
Chels and Family

Amanda said...

We are so sorry for your loss. We have been thinking and praying a lot for your family!

mckenna said...

I haven't even bothered to comment yet because a) I feel like there's not much more I can say, and b) whatever I come up with won't make it better. But I wanted to put in writing anyway that I love you. I love you all. Every one of you. And I'm so grateful that I got to share a little tiny piece of Sammy's life with you all. She has touched me more than any single individual I can recall in my life. You are always in my prayers and you know I'm here (maybe too often) when you need me. Have I mentioned recently that I love you? Well, I do.

Jill said...

Love you, Baby Girl!!!

Jayson & Carrie said...

Laura, This breaks my heart for you and your family. I hope you find comfort and peace and know that there are so many people praying for your family. May you feel Heaven and Sammy close to you to ease your pain.

cjmom said...

Hi Laura, as it happens, the family finally goes home and life should go on as normal, except it isn't and it doesn't. This is just plain hard and although the love and flowers and food and friendship help, this struggle takes time. Love doesn't go away, nor would we want it to, but it is loving someone so much that makes it so hard. So cry, and know that is what mothers have done since the first child went home too early. But do know this, as time goes on, the pain becomes easier to deal with - it doesn't go away, you just get used to it. Be wise, you are loved.

Melissa said...

We are praying daily for you all. May you find happiness in your sorrow. If you need anything big or small let us know.

Sunshine Promises said...

I found your blog through Stephanie. I know all too well the pain that you feel. On Jan. 22, our 20 month old Bennett passed away in his sleep. There were no signs, no warnings. He simply was called Home. While feeling every emotion conceivable, our feelings we choose to dwell on is the Peace we feel that surpasses all understanding. Would we have chosen this path? Heck no. Do we ache to hold our sweet boy again? More than I can express. But I also believe in a Loving, Tender Father in Heaven that has a plan for our family. And for now, I'm holding on to that in the midst of all the "unknowns."
Lots of Prayers for you and your sweet family -
xoxoxo,
Amanda
www.sunshinepromises.blogspot.com