My friend, Aubrey, gave me this recipe for BLT Bites a while back. They are the perfect appetizer/snack. But they are soooo addicting. I made some last night and thought I'd share the recipe---with pictures, of course!

Start by washing 25-30 cherry tomatoes. Then cut off the tops, scoop out the insides, and place them upside down to drain.

Cook up 1/2 pound of bacon. I used turkey bacon because I'm on a diet, but regular bacon tastes much better.

Chop up some green onions--1/3 cup worth and toss it in a bowl.

Add to that bowl, 1/2 cup mayo.

3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, (not the fancy shredded kind. Use the Kraft kind that comes in a green can.)

and 2 Tablespoons of fresh Parsley, or 1 Tablespoon of dried Parsley.

After you've cooked the bacon and it's cooled a bit, chop it up into small pieces. I just tossed mine in my food processor. If you don't have a food processor, use kitchen shears. Or, you know, a knife could work, too.

Mix that all together. This kind of looks gross, but I promise--it's sooo gooood!!!

Stuff the empty tomatoes and chill. I didn't want to wait for the chilling part, so I ate 5 of them
before I put them in the fridge.
As I was making these I was thinking that there are probably some of you who don't like tomatoes. So, I thought of another use for this filling--stuffed mushrooms. Wash your mushrooms, pull the stems out and stuff them with this filling. Then top them with cheese--mozzarella, Swiss or provolone would be good--and then bake or broil them. I can't decide which would be a better way to cook them. I'll try it and let you know.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a pan of BLT Bites calling my name.
4 comments:
I really love these! remember when we ate them and didn't give the kids any!!!!!!!
Yum!!! How many points?
I'm a total sucker for this stuff. Forget sugar - BRING ON THE CARBS!!!
By the way I'm not ignoring your request. I FINALLY have time to blog again and now I lost my "before" pix of the room. :( I'll find it though.
Devin was doing homework while I was looking at your blog...and he saw the BLT bites and now wants them...way good idea!
Post a Comment