*For the past week, whenever I start to cook dinner, Ellie runs into the kitchen with arms waving and shouts "Oh no! A ruuuune the soooouup!" in Remy fashion. Don't know who Remy is? Lucky you. That means you haven't seen Ratatouille 100 times like I have. Here's a clip. (The ruined soup happens at 2:10.)
*I asked Makayla if her hurt finger was feeling better. She responded, "Not today. Maybe next year it will feel better."
*I love to watch my girls sleep. It's so funny that they both sleep with their hands above their heads. That's how their daddy sleeps, too.
*I try to teach my children to tell the truth. Even though there will still be consequences for wrong choices, the punishment is not nearly as severe if they fess up to what they have done. I think this lesson is starting to sink in with Makayla. When she does something she knows she is not supposed to do, she comes and tells me immediately before I even find out what she's done. It's usually something like this, "Mom, I'm sorry that I took a treat." This is, of course, after the treat has already been eaten and the evidence hidden.
*I asked Makayla who she wanted to take her to school today. "I want daddy to take me and you to pick me up." Whenever Kasey is home, this is her response.*Make-believe is very popular in our house. Makayla has so many imaginary friends that I can't keep them all straight anymore. Ellie is a big fan of feeding everyone chocolate cake--the imaginary kind, of course. I ask her what she wants for breakfast and she says, "Grandma choc-o-late cake. Mmmm! Want a bite?"
*Makayla felt the baby kick for the first time today. She thought it was sooo cool. She was giggling and asking to feel it again. After a second kick to her hand, she decided she wanted to hear the baby, too. Instead, she got a swift kick to the cheek. She ran into my bedroom where Kasey was sleeping and yelled excitedly, "Daddy, Daddy! My little tiny baby sister kicked my cheek!"
4 comments:
That is so cool that she felt her sister kick. How exciting:)
that is so cute that is one of the things I miss about being pregnant is the kicking( I know I am crazy) it is so fun that your girls are old enough to understand what is going on, at least a little!
These are so cute!
This is such a cute idea...your little girls are so cute!
Thanks for the advice on how to get Connor into a good sleeping schedule...he is slowly making progress!
Post a Comment