Saturday, January 2, 2010

The "I'm Running Out of Good Titles" Post

I drive a mini van. And I love it! It is the most mom-friendly vehicle:
  • Low enough that little kids can crawl in without too much trouble.

  • Ample storage. (Thank you, Dodge, for creating Stow-n-Go!)

  • Doors that open and close with the push of a button.

  • Cup-holders galore! (I'm a huge fan of cup-holders. Whenever I look at new cars, it's the first thing I check for.)

  • Room to bring along a friend or two for the ride.
This last thing has not escaped Makayla's attention. She frequently points out to me that we have 2 empty seats in our van. "Mom we have room for two more kids in our van."


"Yep. That's so we can bring a friend with us sometimes."


"No I think it's so we can have two more babies in our family."


"Well, I don't think we are going to have 2 more."


"You have to! We have that many seats!"


******
Makayla seems a little more eager for a new baby than I am. While driving home one day, she and I were re-visiting the conversation above. Except it took an unexpected turn. "Mom, I think it's time for daddy to put another baby in your belly."


"Yeah, I don't think so."


"But you have to! I need another sister!"


******
I'm sure this post will generate some rumors. So let's just put a stop to those right now. I am definitely NOT pregnant. Doing the single mom thing is hard enough with three. I don't want to try it with four. Thank you very much! I just think it's so funny that Makayla is dead set on filling every seat in our car.

12 comments:

Tam Tam said...

oh i love minivans too. we had a rental one when we crashed our car and i loved it. however im not quite ready to be a minivan owner quite yet.

and thats funny about the more kids. Recently my son said he wanted me to have 10 more babies. Ha...good one...

Amanda said...

FUNNY! It's especially funny that she thinks you guys need another girl :)

Jill said...

LOL!!! That is too funny! Way to go Makayla. Maybe she should talk to Uncle Charlie and Aunt Katie. Maybe they could have the babies instead of you. ;)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Our van is FULL and it is NOT easy to get around in and it is my husband that makes those comments, "Looks like we need a bigger van" not for room or comfy moving but to get to his goal of 8 kids! Only thing bigger is a 12 passenger, YUCK! Enjoy your somewhat empty van!

Janelle said...

I love it!!! Ryan told me the other day that he wants a new baby sister named Simba! He said he didn't want a brother because he is the brother! And no I am not pregnant or planning on being pregnant any time soon or ever quite frankly!!!

Amy Nielson said...

Dang you minivans! Why must they make you so dang practical and economical and loaded with cool features???

And I'm on Makayla's side... more! More! :P

Katie said...

Sorry Mom, Charlie is not equipt to have babies and you'll still have to wait a couple (more) years for me. :)

Laura - this is one of the funny things I tell people my neices say. The other one is the "is God his last name" one. haha

Candace said...

That's funny! Especially that she was so... in the know ;-). I hear you on the single parent thing! I was willing to be divorced with three. Now with 4.... well. Elizabeth has made similar comments about it being time to have one more. She even told me we needed another girls so that the girl Baby clothes could be used and not just sit around.... we'll revisit THAT in 2 or three years ;-)

Jayson & Carrie said...

Little kids are so funny!! I was saying how big Wes was getting and how soon he'd be able to play with the girls more. Then I said "I'm sad my baby isn't going to be a baby much longer" to which Tessa replied "That's okay Mom, when Wes is bigger you can just have another baby!" HAHA! just that easy... lol And she wants 2 more sisters and 2 more brothers...HOLY CRAP!! Um...yea, I'll stick with the four I have, thank you! Kids crack me up!

charlieymichelle said...

I love it! I would love to hear Makayla reason with Charlie about having kids... Laura that could be a great phone call!!

Laura said...

Michelle,
According to Makayla's reasoning, you guys should really have three. and the sooner the better. :)

Natalie said...

HAHAHA! Well it only makes SENSE Laura! In my family we always say, "No empty chairs" referring to the place we want to be spiritually in the next life - all of us there! This puts a whole new meaning on it. ;)

Ihad to smile that it's another SISTER she wants. lol