Thursday, May 14, 2009

For the Chocolate Liker. As Opposed to the Chocolate Lover.

I like chocolate, but I do not love it. So, I was very excited to get my hands on this not-so-chocolatey, super-easy brownie recipe. I didn't take pictures of the whole process like I use to. Who has time for that anymore? Certainly not me! But here's the recipe anyway.

Blonde Brownies

2 cups white sugar
1 cup melted butter
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 T cocoa
2 cups flour

Cream sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Stir in flour. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Check after 25 minutes.

I never add the chocolate chips or nuts because a) I don't think nuts belong in any dessert, and b) adding chocolate chips makes it too chocolatey for me. But please feel free to add either one or both to yours.

Something I really love about this recipe is how easy it is to cut it in half. I feel a lot less guilty about eating an entire 8x8 pan of brownies than I do an entire 9x13 pan of brownies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

or you can be like me and make the batch for 9x13 and eat half the batter so it fits in an 8x8 pan!
SO....
when is your next pampered chef party? I need to know!

Laura said...

hahaha!! Oh Amanda! You make me laugh!

My Pampered Chef party will be June 16.