Ellie absolutely loves the Barbie movies. Whenever we pick a movie, Barbie is always her first (and second) choice. This is our most recently acquired Barbie movie. Ellie usually identifies with the dark haired Barbies. In The Princess and the Pauper, her name is Erika. For days now Ellie has been begging me to do her hair like Erika.
The thing is, I am not a very good hair-doer. I struggle to get a decent looking ponytail. And those dang Barbie animators do some pretty tricky things with those Barbies' hair!
However, I just discovered this awesome website that gives step by step instructions on some super cute hair styles for little girls. After looking at the website for nearly an hour, I was inspired to start doing more with my girls' hair.
So today for church, I attempted to do Ellie's hair like Erika. Pardon me while I toot my own horn, but I think it turned out pretty darn good!


Especially considering the first time I have ever successfully french-braided
any one's hair was Friday when I did this to
Makayla's hair.

I tried to french braid her hair again for church, and it turned out
waaaaay better.
Yay Me!!
7 comments:
SUPER CUTE hair dos! :)
YAY 4 you LAURA!
WOO HOO! I love those hairstyles! Too bad I can only do them on Barbies
I say practice makes perfect. Dad says perfect practice makes perfect. Now try it on your hair. That will be a bit tougher.
BTW. I'm so excited you are blogging more often. :)
Awesome job! I can't french braid for the life of me! I know of a few different sites like that about doing girls hair...You've got your work cut out for you now. I'm excited to see more! :)
You are a PRO! THe girls' hair looks amazing! GO LAURA!!!
Cool, I'm with you one the hair. I got better after living with 6 girls at college for 3 years, but still.... I'll have to check out that website. I really better have a girl some day. I haven't french braided anyone's hair really either. Lately I've attempted to do my own a couple times. I've never left it in though. You did great with both of them!!
Post a Comment