About 2 weeks ago, I went with Makayla to a birthday party for one of her friends. I came away from the party with a sure answer to my internal turmoil: NO PARTY! Makayla did not do well with all the chaos; and quite frankly, neither did I.
Instead, Kasey and I decided that we would take Makayla to the zoo for the day. She loved it!! We all had so much fun, and I left with my sanity intact--something I don't think would have happened with a party populated by 4-year-olds.
I thought that since we had celebrated Makayla's birthday at the zoo, she wouldn't really care about having a cake. Wrong! She woke up this morning and said, "Mom, can I have a cake for my birthday?"
*Sigh*
Okay.
While Makayla was at school, I thought up what kind of cool cake I could make. I had to out-do her cake from last year. I thought it might be fun to make a Cinderella carriage cake since Makayla loves Cinderella so much. This is how it turned out.
13 comments:
AWWWWW HOW SWEET!
The cake is SO adorable! Once again you DID IT!
Oh I remember holding her in the hospital *sigh*
Happy Birthday!
That cake is so cute look how creative you are!!
I like it- It is cute:)
Wow, good job on the cake Laura! What did you make the wheels out of? And did you use the pampered chef mixing bowl for the cake shape? It turned out well! :)
The wheels are a sucker recipe that I have. Instead of pouring it into sucker molds, I swirled it on a pan to get the vine effect like on the movie.
I wish I had that Pampered chef mixing bowl. I used 2 other oven-proof bowls that I have. Then I trimmed the tops off both cakes and put them together to form the sphere.
Not too difficult. Just time consuming
you did it again!!! Great job the boys are going to wish we were still their Ha!
Totally cute cake! You are such a fun mom.
I can't believe she is 4 now holy cow! You did a wonderful job on the cake and she look like she quite enjoyed it.
Awesome Cake!!! Where did you get the Cinderella? You are a great mom and not just because you make cool cakes!!! :)
We have sooo many Cinderella books on the shelf. I chose a Cinderella that was the right size, made a color copy, and stuck it to the frosting.
I can't take too much credit for that idea. I saw it on another cake.
You are way more creative than I am, I think where can I buy a cool cake pan?
that is a pretty cool cake!
Wow!! You are creative, I wouldn't even know how to start! This cake is so cute, I love the wheels!!
Post a Comment