Friday, June 13, 2008

There Goes My Self-Esteem

It's nice having Kasey home. I can get away with only taking one kid with me to the store. I can't believe how easy it is to maneuver the grocery store with just one kid in tow!

Today, Makayla was the lucky winner. We hopped in the car and drove to the store. We picked up a few groceries, stopped by the Red Box, and loaded up the car to come home. As we were driving the short distance home, Makayla and I started talking.

She said, "I have a little bum."

"Yep, you sure do."

"One day I want to grow up and be a mommy."

"Being a mommy is pretty great."

"But I can't be a mommy until my bum grows big, big, big like yours."

"Do mommies have big bums?"

"Well, no. Just you do."

"Thanks for that vote of confidence, kiddo!"

"You're welcome!" she beamed. "Mommy, I sure love you."

It's good to know that my kids love me. Big bum and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that is way too funny! :) I love how innocent kids are! :)

Jodi said...

Oh that is so funny..It's like she thought she was paying you a compliment!

Veronica said...

Too, funny and too cute. It's a good thing your kids love you, but it is a good thing you love your kids---or our self esteem would be destroyed.