I think I broke my toe. (It's probably just sprained, but it sounds more dramatic to say "broken." Don't you think?) How? People ask me that and it's tempting to say, "I kicked Makayla," which is what actually happened, but it sounds so bad to say it that way.
What really happened is that I was walking behind Makayla. She stopped walking and I kept walking. My toe kicked her heel. I started hopping around like a crazy fool screaming, "Owie! Ouch! Oh! Eeee! Ahhh!" Of course my girls thought I was trying to be funny. Ellie has re-enacted it several times since.
Today is the first day that I've been able to walk normally since Thursday. The swelling has gone down, but it's still bruised. I took some pictures to show you. (Sorry if you have adverse feelings to feet.) I had to contort my toes a little bit to get a good picture of the bruising, which certainly didn't help the pain any, but oh well.
Please ignore my chipped nail polish. My tummy is getting big enough now that it's hard to do my own toes. Plus I wear socks every day so I don't really care too much what shape my toe polish is in. Maybe I'll get a pedicure on my vacation next month. But I digress. Here are the pictures.
8 comments:
Oh, that looks painful. I did something very similar to that exact toe and it has never been the same. It hurt and was bruised like that, but now it's fine. It pops every time I bend it a certain way now and looks different from my other toes, but no probs. Hope yours gets feeling better soon. Funny that your girls thought you were trying to be funny!
That's a nasty bruise! I don't think I've ever had a bruise after stubbing my toe. "Dr. Brown" thinks you probably broke it...either just bruised or broken..not sprained. Cory just got done doing lidocaine injections in my toe for fun/practice. Aren't I such a nice wife?? =) We looked like some druggies with our needles and drugs laying out.
I hope your toe gets better soon!
that's super cute. you should have seen my toenail when i kicked my companion. it hasn't been the same since. i'm not even kidding. at least your toenail won't fall off. most likely :)
Okay, so Hailey always does that to me. She stops walking and I run into her and my big toenail gets broken. That bruise looks painful. I'm sure it's not fun to waddle around pregnant with a hurt toe too.
OUCH! That looks like it hurts! :( I hope it gets better soon!
I think it is funny that Ellie has been acting out the way you reacted to hurting your poor toe!
ouch! and those toes are a bugger too. i get the tingles just looking at the pictures.
A definate ouch. I have bruised many toes and tonails in my days. Never feels good.
I'm not a nice person - cause I read this and laughed. Your girls.... reenacting it. lol that's hilarious. But I DO have a little sympathy. I "broke" my toe a few months ago and it's finally back to normal. Good thing you have that bruise, I'd be ticked to go through all that pain and not even have a bruise to show for it!
Post a Comment