Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yay! A Tag

My bloggy friend Tamir tagged me. Like her, I'm glad I have something to blog about today.

8 Favorite TV shows
  1. Grey's Anatomy
  2. Private Practice
  3. Lost
  4. Ellen
  5. The View
  6. Oprah
  7. Survivor
  8. Maybe if I had cable I'd have a number 8.

8 Favorite Restaurants

  1. The Olive Garden
  2. Texas Roadhouse
  3. Paraiso Vallarta
  4. Rooster's
  5. Wendy's
  6. Mandarin House
  7. Quizno's
  8. Does Jamba Juice count as a restaurant? Probably not, but I love it anyway.

8 Things that happened yesterday

  1. Took the girls to story time at the library
  2. Learned some new songs for ward choir
  3. Went to Walmart (Oh Target! How I miss you!)
  4. Took a too-short nap
  5. Tried to convince my baby to stay in a little (or a lot) longer. Apparently it worked.
  6. Made delicious Artichoke Dip and then proceeded to eat 1/3 of it by myself. Yummy! I'll share the recipe another day.
  7. Sat around the rest of the day with contractions and other such nonsense
  8. Learned that a good friend of mine was killed. Definitely NOT the highlight of my day.

8 Things I look forward to
  1. January 21--or maybe January 7 if I can convince the dr to induce me that early. We'll see.
  2. owning a house
  3. Kasey's week off (Let's just say it's been a long week so far)
  4. paying off student loans and car
  5. I always look forward to payday.
  6. Thanksgiving trip
  7. Twilight, the movie
  8. My sister's wedding in May

8 Things I love about fall

  1. warm days, cool nights
  2. It's the beginning of evenings curled up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
  3. Playing in the crunchy leaves. The girls and I go to preschool early every day just so we can kick the leaves.
  4. Hunting Season--I obviously don't love this, but Kasey does. I love that he gets to do something he loves.
  5. Breaking out all my sweaters
  6. I hardly cook/bake during the summer. It's way too hot!! I love fall because it's cool enough to start cooking/baking again. Cookies, cakes, soups, rolls. . .yum!
  7. My favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is in the fall.
  8. So is my birthday.

8 Things on my wishlist

  1. money to pay off bills
  2. a real bed--although I have to admit that after 6-1/2 years of marriage, we finally upgraded from cinder blocks under our mattress to an actual frame. No more stubbed toes for us!
  3. a minivan. I know I have my Durango, but a minivan is so much more mom-friendly. With almost 3 kids, I appreciate anything mom-friendly.
  4. a house. I'm so over living in an apartment.
  5. I feel like I have a pretty good life, so there's not too many things on my wishlist.
  6. Maybe one day I'd like to have cable again. I know! I keep talking about it, but it's just not a priority right now.
  7. I would also like some new pans.
  8. And maybe a few more things from Pampered Chef, but I need more space before I can buy the fun stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is everything okay with you and the baby? I hope so.
Those were fun things to read about you!! :)

Laura said...

I'm pretty sure everything is okay. I've just been having a lot of contractions--like I have them every time I do anything but sit still.

I should probably call my doctor, but I haven't yet.

beck said...

Hey, I know your bloggy friend Tamir!! Do you just know her through blogs? She's so cute, huh? Also, hope everything is ok with your baby, you never can be too careful, I have talks with mine about staying in there longer, too. Also, congrats on the potty training!

Laura said...

Beck,
I linked to Tamir's blog after I read a comment of hers on one of your posts. She's so cute! I love her blog.

We are also friends on goodreads. I get a lot of my best book recommendations from her.