Friday, December 5, 2008

Perhaps It's Time I Learned How To Enunciate

This afternoon Makayla brought a movie (Kung Fu Panda) to me. "Mom, I want to watch this movie."

Ellie was right on her tail saying, "No Panda Bear! I watch mermaids."

And the arguing commenced. I told them that we wouldn't watch any movie until they could agree on one.

Makayla's face twisted up in confusion. "Gree-on? What does that mean?"

"Agree on. It means you have to pick out a movie together that you both want to watch." So they both ran back to the movie cabinet and brought back 2 more movies.

Makayla asked me, "Is this gree-on?"

Ellie shouted, "No! This one gree-on."

"No, you girls need to choose a movie together."

This continued until I had a rather large stack of movies on my desk. They were finally able to pick a movie that both were happy with. As I was putting it in the DVD player, Makayla proudly told me, "Mom, we are big girls to gree-on this movie."

I would say that I need to start enunciating my words a little better, but then what would I blog about?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO cute! :)

Rebecca said...

I love the last post and had to comment. I told Brady and he said he is pretty sure he could do it but he might need a little more training. Kids say the craziest things.