My husband did something today that he has not done in our almost-six-year marriage: he surprised me with flowers.
It's not the first time he's given me flowers, but it's the first time I didn't know he was getting them for me. It was a complete surprise.
The first time he gave me flowers was when I told him "I just expelled a 9-pound baby from my womb! You had better buy me some roses for this!"
They were delivered shortly after dinner.
The other time he got me flowers was after I had been complaining to a friend that Kasey never gave me flowers. She called him at work and told him to pick up some roses from her yard on his way home from work. So he did. (Thanks Amanda, they were beautiful!)
In Kasey's defense, when we were first dating I did say something to the effect that flowers were a waste of money, and I'd rather go out to dinner or a movie. I was still getting to know him and didn't realize that he would take it so literally. And up until recently, we could barely afford food, let alone a bouquet of flowers that would wilt and be thrown away in a week.
Because I know it may be awhile (another 6 years?) before I get any more flowers, I'm smelling them and looking at them every chance I get.
6 comments:
I love getting flowers! Your dad also thinks it's a waste of money, but I disagree. The only time I was mad that he gave me flowers was the time he spent $40+ on roses because I was mad at him. It didn't make me less mad because I saw the bill and was upset about that. Now I get flowers every year for our anniversary which is 3 days after Valentine's Day. He doesn't do V day, but I know flowers are coming in a few days because he gets discounted flowers left over from V day. :)
Oh, how sweet!! Don't you just love surprises! Oh and on the birthday party dilemma, i would totally do it. Parties are so much fun and it gives everyone something fun to look forward to! I remember getting so anxious when I was little I couldn't wait for parties!
Tim surpised me with flowers for my birthday. I share the same opinion about flowers. Although I do love getting them. Tim gave me lillies and roses. They smelled wonderful and lasted 2 weeks.
This is one post I can certainly relate to. In 6 years of marriage Chris has given me flowers... 5 times or so. Usually for an anniversary or Birthday. He did surprise me once - white flowers the day I received my Endowments. I made the same mistake as you, saying flowers are basically a waste. lol. Live and learn
What a good hubby! The best is when they surprise you for no reason other than they love you! You deserve them! Enjoy!
Yeah! I kind of agree with your theory on flowers. But to get them as a surprise when a holiday isn't included makes them wonderful. What a sweet husband you have!
Post a Comment