Friday, June 6, 2008

My All-Time Favorite Sandwich Shop

When I lived in Minnesota a few years ago, I discovered this little whole-in-the-wall sandwich place. It was called Milio's. I think I tried it one day because I got a coupon in the mail or something. Driving by, it's not a place that I would pick out, especially with Subway (a more well-known sandwich store to me) around the corner. One bite and I was in sandwich heaven!


My favorite sandwich was #12 The Californian. The bread was crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The turkey was shaved, not sliced. The tomatoes were the perfect amount of ripened. They almost tasted home-grown. The lettuce was not at all wilty. Double Provolone cheese-yummy! The mayo was Hellman's not some random mystery restaurant mayo. Top it with guacamole and alfalfa sprouts--the perfect combination to finish off this delicious sandwich. Mmmm!


I would kill for one of those sandwiches right now! Unfortunately, the closest Milio's to where I live is over 750 miles away. *sigh*


I'd be willing to make the drive if only gas wasn't nearing $4 per gallon. I guess I'll just have to close my eyes and eat Milio's in my dreams.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

THat does sound delicious. I still love Old Grist Mill for sandwiches. I wanted one so bad last night but they were closed an hour early, I was so sad so I had to survive with subway. I do love a good sandwich.MMMMMM

Natalie said...

It's always the "hole in the wall" that's the best. I have 2 that are a MUST!!!

In Logan: Logan's Heros
In SLC: Grinders (even better!)

Tracy said...

Hey! They have that chain here too. I haven't tried it yet, but I'd better get over there and give it a go, based on that rave review. Thanks!


(BLHS '02)
(now in WI--don't ask)