Whew! One week into the vacation and I finally have a minute to blog. We are having a blast so far: staying up late, eating at our favorite restaurants, catching up with old friends, hanging out with family. I can't believe we have 2 more weeks of this.
We spent most of today at the beach. The girls loved the water, but Ellie was not particularly fond of the sand. In fact, we were there for 4 hours before she would even attempt to put her feet in it. Needless to say, I was a little tired from carrying her back and forth from the water to the blanket in the shade.
We tried really hard to keep up on the sunscreen, but I missed a few spots on Makayla. And my niece is so red. Tonight when Makayla saw Jordyn's sunburn she said, "Oooo! Jordyn got bit by the sun. That was really mean of that sun. He's super naughty!" That got a pretty good laugh out of me.
We have 3 more fun-filled days here before we head home for our 1-day layover. I'm taking tons of pictures and will post some when I get home.
6 comments:
Where did you go to the beach?
Good summary Laura! We've been having a blast, and good job to you for blogging. I'm trying to hold out until I can get some pictures up. I'm so excited we get to keep being blogging buddies after this little trip!
We drove up river about 40 minutes. There's a great little beach there. The sand isn't too rocky and there are a few shade trees. There's also not too much traffic: cars, boats, or people.
glad your having a great time!
I want to go on vacation!!! The staying up late I already do (far too well), but the eating out, catching up with friends, and hanging out with family sounds fun!
I am so glad you are having fun. The beach sounds wonderful right now. I hope you have a good drive home.
Post a Comment