Friday, June 20, 2008

We're Off

Today marks the beginning of what I can only imagine will be a crazy 3 weeks. It's our summer vacation. We've been looking forward to it for some time. Our schedule goes something like this:

-Hop in the car tonight when Kasey gets home from work.
-Drive through the night and into the morning, arriving in L-town approximately 15 hours later.
-Hang out with friends for 5 days.
-Kasey's family reunion for an additional 5 days.
-Back in the car for another 15 hours through the night.
-One day layover at our house to do laundry, pay bills, and repack car.
-Drive to my family reunion, approximately 6 hours away.
-Camping and other fun stuff for 3-1/2 days.
-More driving.
-Home for 3 days to do, what else? Laundry!
-Kasey goes back to work while the girls and I travel to my mom's house for 4 days.
-Those 4 days home include a day with my high school friends (WooHoo!) and all our kids, a trip to the new pizza place (I've heard it's excellent), possibly a day at the beach, and a party for my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary (and I thought 6 years was a lot!).

Kasey got me a new toy to hopefully make the driving a little more bearable for the girls. I sure hope they don't hate us and their car seats by the end of all this.

With this crazy, crazy schedule, who knows if I'll have time to blog. I'll definitely tell you all about our adventures (with pictures) when we get back in July.

10 comments:

Janelle said...

So your new toy is the best thing in the world we bought one last summer and then drove to Seattle and back 3 times it was so nice! If you have the movie Polar Express that is what my kids will fall asleep to anytime takes about 10 min of it in!

Charity Smith said...

We don't leave town with our little toy they are a must with kids and traveling!! Hope you have a blast Sorry about the long drive however I hate riding more than the kids! I've made a few trips to my grandma's and brothers house (before I had the toys) which is about a 24 hr drive one way and when we get home my kids will scream everytime I put them in the carseats!!

Anonymous said...

hey- sounds like a lot of fun! :) we are going on a vaca too- I thought a week was long... :) have fun & drive safe!

Rebecca said...

hooray for vacations. we are scheduled to leave on tuesday for about three weeks as well. i am so excited to see you and your girls. i hope you enjoy all of your trip and yes the "little toys" really are that wonderful.

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

Yeah!! Sounds like a fun vacation and a busy one! I hope you guys have a blast and have lots of pics to share when you get home!

Tam Tam said...

That sounds really busy. And a lot of driving in such a short amount of time. Hope you guys have a safe and fun trip. That's cool you guys got a DVD player for the car!

Harris said...

wow! I hope you guys travel safely and have a great time!! We want to see pictures when you return!! Thanks for your sweet comments, I am so excited that we chose a good car seat, it took me forever to finally get it!

Veronica said...

I love the"toy" for Brenden, but even after a few hours of that he gets bored, but hopefully all goes well and you have a fun safe trip,. Cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks I am excited for that get together.

Amy Nielson said...

Laura!! Hooray! That is so funny your friend stumbled on my shiny new blog! I'm going to make a post tonight, and I'm adding you on a link! Hooray for a way to actually stay in touch, I'm excited :)

ann said...

Ok, I really miss your blogging! Can't wait until you come back!!!!