Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bad Day at the Dentist Office

A few comments about my trip to the dentist this morning.

1. Pregnant women with a strong gag reflex and a tendency towards vomiting should not go to the dentist where all sorts of gag-inducing instruments will be placed in her mouth.

2. I'm very grateful for that little bib they always make you wear.

3. The dental hygienist deserves a raise.

4. My dentist is freaking awesome for putting up with all I put him through today.

The End

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I feel your pain I had a lot of dental work when I was pregnant with Olivia and right before theyu did the first cleaning I had to go throw up. Ya poor dental hygienists.

Amy Nielson said...

And yet another reason I'm happy I don't earn my living by scraping stuff from people's teeth all day long... sometimes that crap doesn't stay in their mouths!

However, ya pay me what those dentists make and it's amazing what I'd put up with! I wouldn't feel that bad if I was you... he's laughing all the way to the bank!!

Kami said...

I love reading your blog, you make disgusting and embarrassing things really funny!! I am sorry you were sick though, I remember I got sick almost every time I would brush my teeth!

ANDY and MANDY said...

LAURA- HEY I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAD A "MA'AM" MOMENT HAPPEN TODAY. I WAS HELPING THIS CUTE KID ABOUT 21-22ISH AND HE WAS CARRYING ON A LITTLE CHAT WITH ME AND GAVE ME KINDA A BAD TIME AND WHEN HE LEFT HE GAVE ME THE "HAVE A NICE DAY TOO MA'AM" I SO THOUGHT OF YOU, CAUSE LIKE YOU I DON'T FEEL MY AGE AND I KNOW I DON'T ACT IT SO HERES TO YOU, I KNOW YOUR PAIN. AND YOU ARE NOT OLD, YOU ARE JUST WONDERFUL!