We're home! Well, for a few days at least. Tomorrow Kasey will go back to work. Wednesday I will head to my mom's house for 4 days. Even though I'm really excited to stay with my parents for a few days, I'm glad to have a few days at home to recoup.
I've been debating whether to write a travel log (which has the potential to bore everyone right out of reading my blog) or simply highlight things of significance and funny moments (which would be less boring to read, but would leave a lot out). I guess I'll just write and see what comes out. I will break it up into several posts. One post would be ridiculously long and too hard digest, I think.
Our plan was to leave the night of June 20 (Wow! Was it really that long ago?!) when Kasey got home from work. I expected him home sometime between 8 and 9 o'clock. I went out to run some errands and returned home to a garbled message from Kasey. The only part I caught was that there was a problem at work, and he would be home pretty late. Crap!
At midnight, I finally decided to go to bed. I knew he would be tired when he got home so I'd have to do a lot more driving than usual. I got a phone call at 3am. It was Kasey telling me that he was just getting off work. He walked in the door at 3:30am. We were on the road at 4am.
I was hoping that since the sun wasn't up yet, Makayla and Ellie would go back to sleep for a few hours. Yeah right! Ellie had no intentions of going back to sleep in the car after enjoying the comforts of her bed.
We stopped at the first big city to grab a little breakfast. Not even an hour later we were stopped on the side of the road cleaning up the donut and chocolate milk that had not stayed in Ellie's little tummy. Gross!
We made it to the half-way mark and stopped for lunch. I was frustrated about being there at 12:30pm when I had hoped to pass through quickly and quietly at 4am. I tried not to be too upset about it. After all, I did get lunch at Red Robin. And boy was it good!!
The remaining half of our drive passed by fairly painlessly. And by painlessly I mean we were forced to choose between listening to Ellie scream and listening to Ice Age for the hundredth time that day. Sounds like an easy choice, but you'd be surprised.
Finally, we arrived at Nana and Papa's house.
So, our vacation started out a little rocky, but it definitely got better from there.
1 comment:
Ooooh... I love the teaser! Anxiously waiting for Part 2!
Post a Comment