Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation Recap: First Leg, Part 5

Saturday we hiked to the top of a butte. It was only about 1/2 mile, but it was a 7% grade. Holy Cow! I wanted to die by the time I hit the top. Of course, it didn't help that I pushed a stroller up the rocky dirt path. The view from the top was totally worth all the effort. Of course, I didn't get any good pictures. I'll have to steal some from somebody else.

My sis-in-law did get this good picture of our family. See how green it is? It was so beautiful!

At the bottom of the butte there was a little park. I'm pretty sure that was the girls' favorite part.


Ellie loved the swings. She giggled the whole time.
Makayla liked the swings, too, but she spent most of her time going down the slides.

After an afternoon of hiking, we all went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Yum!

2 comments:

charlieymichelle said...

Those pictures of the girls are great!

Paige said...

These pictures of your kids are so cute! Isn't it so fun to watch your kids enjoy simple things so much.