Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Entertaining Drive

Yesterday I was driving to the place of my birth to see my parents and sister and also to meet up with a most amazing photographer. (I can't wait to get the pictures and show them off!)

On the drive over, I was rocking out to the Beatles while Makayla and Ellie watched a movie. Makayla wanted to know what I was singing, so I paused her movie and started singing to her the words of "Come Together." There's a part where the lyrics say, "I know you. You know me."

Makayla scrunched up her face and said, "I don't know him. Why did he say that to me? Mom, he doesn't know me!"
------------------------------
On the same drive, a passing motorcycle caught Makayla's attention.

Oooo! What's that?

It's a motorcycle.

I like to ride a motorcycle, but not with that boy.

Who do you like to ride with?

I just only ride with my papa.

That's right! Your papa takes you on his big motorcycle, doesn't he.

Yeah, I like to ride with my papa. I don't want to go with that boy, though. I'm too shy of him. I just want to ride with my papa. Can we go see him today? I want to ride his motorcycle.
------------------------------
I did a lot of laughing on our drive yesterday. I wish I could remember all the funny things that Makayla said. That girls kills me!

1 comment:

Amy Nielson said...

Oh, that's cute! Now if only Dan and Maria would jump on the checking-blogs-train, they might get to see this story!!