Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Ultimate Threat

Tonight, I was teasing Ellie with her binky (which I still haven't taken away from her), and it really upset Makayla. She stormed into the kitchen and yelled, "Hey! You give that back to her right now or I'm going to call your sister."

In the straightest face possible, I said "Oh no. Don't do that."

"I'm going to!" She started dialing on her fake cell phone and talking to my "sister." "Hello. I'm angry with my mom because she is teasing Ellie. (pause) Okay, bye." To me, "Your sister said to be nice to Ellie, or she will come see you."

Really, at this point I couldn't keep it in any longer. Quiet snickers quickly became loud guffaws. Makayla indignantly turned around and marched out of the room, flipping her hair as she went.

Oh, that girl!

1 comment:

charlieymichelle said...

Thats so cute. I swear I have never seen a kid with the wild imagination that she has. so cute. She will be a lot of fun for the teachers! Ha ha.