Thursday, December 4, 2008

Somehow I Don't Think Tchaikovsky Would Be Impressed

Does this ever happen to you? Something funny happens, but you are the only one to witness it. But this event was so funny to you that it has you chuckling to yourself at random moments throughout the day. And people next to you wonder what in the world you are laughing at.

**************
Yesterday Ellie and I went to the store. Outside the grocery store stands a 7-foot nutcracker to announce the annual production of The Nutcracker, which is put on by the local college. Ellie looked at this huge thing towering over her and asked, "What's her name?"

"It's a boy, and it's called a nutcracker."

She looked up at me with the most quizzical expression and said, "Nutcrapper?"

I stifled a laugh as I repeated, more clearly this time, "Nut-crack-er."

It took her a few tries to get it right, but she eventually got it. Now whenever I think about it, I start laughing--out loud sometimes.

4 comments:

Jill said...

So, I find it quite funny. I'm sure your dad will smile too. The frosting is pretty cute too!

Unknown said...

I agree- I find it funny! :)

Anonymous said...

haha Now I am trying to figure out is what a nutcrapper is. hmm? I'm I'll ask Jason, he'll know.

The Nielson Clan said...

That's hilarious!!! I think I'm going to call them "Nutcrappers" from now on!!! I think I might even chuckle all day long over that one!