Makayla is turning 4 next month. I can't decide if I should throw her a birthday party or not. Some days I think it would be a lot of fun for Makayla since she has some pretty good friends, now.
Other times I think I'm insane for even considering having 6 screaming 4 year olds in my living room for an hour. And then add on top of that the mess of cake and games. Yikes! I'm not sure I'm up for that.
But then I think about all the cute things I could do to decorate and give as party favors and I start leaning towards a party again.
Then again, there is the incident from last month to consider, too.
Please tell me what you think because obviously I'm incapable of making my own decisions.
10 comments:
throw her a party, but do it at a park or something where you don't have to deal with as much mess. She's only 4 once!
I think we'll do Lauren's at the park.
To bypass the mess in your house, look for a local place where they cater to kids' parties. We had Jeylin's 4th at the gymnastics center and it was a BLAST!! You have to give her a birthday party because it means a lot of memories. Also, if you don't have any other options besides your house then just limit it to the friends she plays with the most...possibly only allow four kids. An easier option than cake and maybe just slightly cleaner are cupcakes. In regards to kids trying to "run away", make it mandatory that parents stay and help...also, limit your party to a specific time...two hours works well. Hope it helps.
I agree with the park idea, it should be warm enough by next month and parents tend to stay if it is at a park and then you don't have to worry about kids running away cause their parents are there so it is their problem. You don't have to plan games because they can just play and the mess is a lot less and all at the park not at your house!
I did one for Wyatt this year he turned 4 too. I really wasn't that bad we had 6 plus my 2 so 8 total and they had a blast! I wouldn't plan games cuz they just want to play I learned that from the Christmas party we had here a month before his birthday so they just played in Wyatt and Kenzie's rooms and we had breadsticks from Studebakers, cupcakes, and rootbeer. I made them sit on the floor in the kitchen with the food and drinks and had to clean the floor good but other than picking up toys it wasn't to bad. You can do it she would love it!!
Totally do it! She will have so much fun. We did one when Kenny turned 3. It was all of our friends and their kids because they are all pretty much the same age. We have also been to a few. I don't know if I liked putting it on more or Kenny enjoyed the party more. Either way I would do it again in a heart beat. I plan on giving Aubrey one in a couple of months
I had to think about his one.... I'm not for doing all the work but they have a great time!!!
also.... You did a great job on her cake last year you have to do the same, or one up yourself! Remember what the boys said to you last year? "Why weren't we invited?"
It was because of that great cake!!!
do it, do it, do it. we had one for caden at two and three. when they were that small like paige said it was more like a party where the adults stayed but caden has gone to a few here that they do a total theme and the kids have a blast. i can't wait for caden's this summer.
i'd like to be the voice of reason here and speak out against the birthday party. i'd like to remind you that we never had a single birthday party the whole time we were growing up and we turned out just fine. but that's just me. i'm anti-throwing any sort of party, even though i've done it twice in the past few months. very out of character. and as a side note, thanks a lot for getting me addicted to the pioneer woman. i love it so much that it's getting me in trouble. i have work to do, but i spent 3 hours straight on tuesday getting caught up on black heels to tractor wheels. there was a new installment today. have you read it yet?? and in response to your response, you should totally try the grilled pb & j before you give up entirely on your sandwich maker.
Ok, I wasn't going to post on this one, but I need to correct Lizzie. You each got one birthday party at age 8. I felt that 5 children in less than 7 years was plenty of little people to have in our house at one time. And, I'm not a big party person so I would vote against it too.
I agree with the other commments. Have it somewhere other than your house. And i would be worried about her incident from last month as well, but you must realize that most all the games will be focused on her, so will know where she is a most times. If that doesn't help have some friends and parents come to help out.
Post a Comment