Hair: "I want to leave my hair down today." Which translates roughly to "If you bring a brush within 3 feet of my head I will flail on the ground while screaming bloody murder!"
Shirt: turquoise and purple stripes. Not a bad shirt in and of itself. But it definitely does not go with
Skirt: Green and Cream. It's actually a really great skirt that my sister made. Ellie and I each have one like it. We look pretty cute in our matchy skirts.
Tights: Pink. They go great with her pink dress. Not so much with her green/cream skirt and turquoise/purple shirt.
Shoes: Well, those are fine. Black goes with just about anything around here.
Pretty much the only reason I let her wear this today is we are all sick--each with a different illness, which is a little weird if you ask me. When my girls and I don't feel well, I pretty much let them do whatever they want. Within reason.
And today, mismatched clothing is totally reasonable. After all, it's almost 5pm and I'm still in my pajamas.
I hope we start feeling better in a hurry. We are supposed to go on a little trip this weekend. We've been looking forward to it all month.
7 comments:
Spencer was standing by me as I was reading this post and said she looks nice.....without reading any of it. Again thats why He doesn't dress himself!
sometimes it is ok if they dress them selves it is just easier then the fight that will come, you know the one we all have everyday before school.
As we speak Lauren is wearing a red tank top with white stars and a pink, green, and purple striped skirt.
We came home from a morning at a friends house and she quickly stripped out of the cute matching outfit she was wearing to this other catastrophe. This isn't the first time she's chosen this particular outfit either. So funny!
I hope you all get feeling better too. I am looking forward to a visit. It's only Tuesday. You have several days to kick the yuck. :)
GET WELL SOON! I can't wait to see you this weekend!
Halle has 5 pair of the same pair of pants and I let her choose between 2 shirts only, unlss we are home and then she LOVES to wear her nightgown because it is so free.
Gotta love when they can dress themselves huh! I finally had to "teach" Jayden what matching means and most of the time he does well..but sometimes, I just have to say whatever! he's dressed and that's what counts! Hope you all start feeling better!
At least she dressed herself:) She will learn soon enough and what better way to learn then to imaginge and experiment.
Hope you guys get feeling better, I know you have been looking forward to your trip.
That is so cute! Garrett likes to pick out his own clothes, usually its anything "football" or "orange" - thats been his thing lately. At the gym its so fun to see what other moms "let" their kids wear out in public, and compared to some things I've seen lately Makayla looks very good - so you don't need to worry!
Post a Comment