Tonight I watched as Kasey read to Makayla and Ellie books that we picked up at the public library. It got me thinking about my trips to the public library as a child.
Most of the time I went with my dad. I remember picking out books (Berenstain Bears, Beatrix Potter, and Mercer Mayer books were my favorites) and then sitting in a chair next to him as he read through various newspapers or magazines.
I think I must have inherited my love of reading from him. When I think back, I can't remember a time where he wasn't reading a newspaper, a book, or a magazine in his spare time. And he always seemed to have something tucked away in his lunch box to read while he was at work. Even now when I visit my parents, my dad always has something out that he is reading or has recently finished.
Thanks, dad, for sharing your passion for reading with me. Even if you didn't know you were doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment