Friday, January 16, 2009

More Kimberly

I know this picture is a little blurry, but I love that it shows Kimberly's skinny little legs. Makayla and Ellie were both chubby with chunky thighs. Also, the snowman onesie is even cuter than I imagined it would be.
Kimberly takes after Makayla in more ways than just her looks. For those of you who knew Makayla as a baby, you know that does not bode well for me. She has a temper. And honestly, I'm a little scared.

But sometimes she does flash me a little half smile, which completely melts my heart.
And then there are moments like these that make all the hard moments completely worth it.

12 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh that one of her sleeping is so precious. They are all cute pictures, but I love sleeping babies. Sorry to hear that she is a little more like Mckayla, only cause I know she was a hard baby. But they are still worth it in every way. Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

She is adorable! I know you had a tough time with Makayla much like I did with Halle and I will assure you that all you have learned since that first baby as did I will come in handy and it won't be nearly as horrifying as you remember :) She looks like she has a little bit more red in her hair than Makayla :)

The Nielson Clan said...

Oh I can't wait to see her!!! But, on the upside, I'll wait until you figure out why she's sooo much like Makayla ;) Just kidding!! By the way, I forgot to tell you but I was 17 1/2" long when I was born so she just might be a tall one yet :) Hope all is going well and although we can't help out in the physical sense, give us a call if you need anything else!!

Jodi said...

Awwww...So cute! Maybe her attitude won't be sooo bad =) She does look like Makayla! Maybe just a tad darker though? Maybe it's just her natural "newborn" tan.
Sweet baby girl you have there!

Amanda said...

So cute!!! I love hearing good labor stories :). Did you have her here in town? I had Milan here and it was a really good experience

Unknown said...

Oh, I am glad that everything was smooth with labor and delivery. Ah, She is so adorable!! :) I love sleeping babies as well!!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

What a cute baby... good job mommy & daddy!! I love your kids.. they are soooooooooooo cute!! I hope you guys sleep well tonight:) I wish we were seeing you guys tomorrow too.. Jaci can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

She is really tan! Wow! Does she have what Makayla had (yellow jaundice sp?) or is she just tan like Ellie was? I hope all goes well and that she won't be as bad as Makayla was. She is way cute though, I can't wait to come see her. Anyways, try to get SOME sleep. :)

Tarbet Family said...

Hey Laura,
Congratulations on a sweet sweet little girl. You know how to take care of those girls by now. I just love getting to do girly stuff. painting fingernails, bows, tons of pink, everything. She's a beautiful little blessing. Kasey told Matt everything went great, so good for you. I hope she does better than Emmerson has. Emmerson is a little coliky. I also took her to the doctor this morning because she has a cold. HOW ON EARTH DID MY NEW BORN GET A COLD? It stresses me out to the max, but I'll make sure everything is okay. Anyway I am in the process of making a blanket for Kimberley, and it's pink and brown, so I'm glad to see you sporting the colors on your blog. Anyway I'll have to have MAtt get it to Kasey, or I'll get it to you somehow. Anway I know this is super long, but I just wanted to let you know if you ever need anything, watching your girls, dinner, help with anything let me know. Congrats again.

Shanna said...

Hey Laura! It's Shanna from Bear Lake. How are you?Congrats on your new baby girl. How adorable! I'm so happy to have found you. My mom forwarded me an email from your mom with your blog address. Let's keep in touch. Come visit my website to see my family if you want. It is www.concerningcoxes.com

Laura said...

She does have a touch of jaundice. When that goes away, I'm curious to see if she will be fair-skinned like Makayla or olive-skinned like Ellie.

Tyler Williamson said...

Isn't it the best when they are asleep? Were your other 2 labors a lot more complicated. It sounded like you were pleasantly surprised with the ease of this one. I hope my next one is better than the 1st. Well, once again, she is adorable. Good luck with the temper!