Well, we successfully made it through Kimberly's first week of life. I think last Friday she may have been having an off day, because she has turned into a little angel. She wakes up once, maybe twice, a night to eat and is happy and smiley during the day when she is awake. We are so happy to have her in our family!
------------------------
As much as Makayla and Ellie love having a new baby sister, it has been a little bit of a difficult transition at times. Ellie definitely knows that she no longer fills the "baby" slot in the family. She's been acting out and having quite a few meltdowns. And Makayla is dead set on testing the boundaries every. single. day. It's a little exhausting, but I'm sure we'll get through it.
-----------------------
An example of an Ellie meltdown that actually made me laugh:
A few nights ago I was trying to get her to go to bed. She wouldn't stay in bed. About the 4th time going in her room to put her back in bed, I told her that if she didn't lay down and go to sleep, she would have to sit in a time-out. I closed the door and a few seconds later heard her screaming, "This is not my idea of fun!" As angry as I was about her not staying in bed, I couldn't help but laugh. Pretty soon I heard her shouting, "You are making me so frustrated! I will not stay on mine bed!"
I'm hoping that we quickly settle into a routine, and we all get used to this new family dynamic.
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear it was just an off day! Maybe Makayla was the black sheep and you'll just have well tempered babies now!
I know you're busy, but I need more pictures!!!
That melt down is pretty funny! I am glad that in the heat of the moment you can step back and laugh! :)
Any reason you choose to name this baby Kimberly?
Good luck! I'm not excited to see how Paden reacts. He's going through a real mama's boy stage. He wants me to help him do EVERYTHING, especially the things he can do himself. I'm thinking he needs to be more independent by the time this baby comes, not less.
Post a Comment