Kasey and I decided to get in one last date before the baby comes, and we are stuck at home for months. My babysitter canceled on us last minute so I was frantically calling my friends asking for some sitter suggestions.
Several different people all suggested the same girl. She's responsible. She's great with kids. You will come home to a clean house. These are the comments I got. So I called her without any hope of her being available in an hour's time on Friday night. To my astonishment and delight, she didn't have any plans for tonight. She came over. I gave her the rundown. Then Kasey and I left.
One thing that I told her was that since Ellie is still kind of getting used to her twin-size bed, she may not go to sleep for her--no big deal.
As Kasey and I were driving home, I asked him if he would please get the girls in bed while I took the babysitter home. We walked in the door, and it was quiet. Both girls were in bed ASLEEP.
I couldn't believe it. I asked the babysitter if they put up a fuss. She simply said, "No. I asked them if they wanted to go to bed. They said 'yes' and went to their beds." I looked at Kasey and said, "What are we doing wrong?"
I have obviously not mastered putting my own children to bed. But one thing is for sure--we are definitely calling this girl again.
Oh yeah, and I did come home to a clean house.
5 comments:
well,it was just a night for kids to go to bed well. i watched sarah's kids tonight and evan got in bed without being rocked to sleep first. it was a first for me, anyway. no such luck with marlee, but she only loves sarah, so. . .
What a gem! Too bad you can't set up a video camera to find out her tricks. :)
Won't Ellie be disappointed when she finds out that the new baby won't be able to play for quite some time. :( Sarah's boys are still frustrated that Marlee can't play and she is nearly 7 months.
isn't is crazy how kids are always better for the sitter? I have actually never had a sitter that I have had to pay since we just trade with someone else! But I defintely would pay someone to come and babysit if they cleaned the house too!
I am so happy that you guys were able to find someone so you could go out. And even better that you were able to come home to a clean, quiet house. I think kids just do stuff a little better for those they don't see all the time. My kids always act up when I get back after leaving them, but whoever watched them said they were soo good. Keep me posted on baby dday:) I am getting so excited for you and to hear how it all went the 3rd time. My doc said he wishes every women could have their 3rd child all the time(it has always been his best deleveries and labors)
Are you willing to share her? I really need to find someone!
Post a Comment