I hate taking it easy!
I'm not a take-it-easy kind of girl. I may have been before I had 2 children, but I certainly don't have time for that kind of nonsense now.
After a week filled with contractions, back pain and pressure, Kasey finally convinced me to call the doctor. The nurse told me to come in immediately, so I did.
Three hours and several tests later, the doctor told me I am starting to dilate but am not at risk for preterm labor in the next 2 weeks. Hooray! (I'm amazed at how much doctors can learn from a few cells on a cotton swab!)
However, I'm under strict orders to take it easy. Not only from the doctor but from my husband and mother. I could argue with them individually, but it's lots harder to fight against three of them.
So, here I am. Taking it easy. There are piles of dirty dishes cluttering my sink and counter. There are mounds of laundry spilling across my bedroom floor. There are 2-day-old cracker crumbs littering my living room. It's making me crazy! I know, though, that if I start working on these things, the contractions will come and I really will be down for the rest of the day. It's so aggravating!
On a happier note, my children slept in until 8:45 this morning. I think we'll go trick-or-treating every night from now on.
4 comments:
Okay on the off chance that you deceide to defy all their orders I command you to rest so there one more person you can't let down although I am not sure that it will do much to stop you!!! I hope you feel better soon and everything will be okay we will add you and your cute baby to our list of things to fast for tomorrow!
If I only lived closer to you I'd help clean your house, do your dishes and do your laundry.
What were your cute girls for Halloween? Got any pictures to share with us?
Keep taking it easy then! :) Love ya! I'll keep you and baby #3 in my prayers!
Oh how I wish I was still living next door just for this purpose! I wouls wash your dishes and clean up you cracker crumbs for sure. You will be in our prayers as well as the baby! Take care!!!!
CUTE background!!!
Laura Im bummed to hear you were in pain.. Im glad you are taking it easy and things are good..... somedays I wanna put myself on bed rest! haha Korry thinks Im weird:) Wait!! Does this mean you could have your baby sooner?? We could shoot for the same day:) I hope things continue to go well for you & the baby:) Sorry its been forever Ive been a blog slacker. Keep us posted on your cute family.. do you have any names picked out yet???? I promise i won't steal them:) Tell your girls Hello:)
Post a Comment