Sunday, January 4, 2009

Brand New Year, Same Old Resolutions

I wasn't planning on making any resolutions this year. But after reading so many posts on other blogs about resolutions, I decided that I will. Maybe writing them down will actually make me work a little harder toward achieving them.

1. Read more. My current to-read list has 47 books on it. I would like to read at least 30 of them this year. In addition, I would like to read to my children more than I do.

2. Join Weight Watchers and not get pregnant. Again. Quick back story about this one. I joined a gym in 2003. Two months later, I found out I was pregnant with Makayla. In 2006, I signed up for Weight Watchers. I dropped 10 pounds in 6 weeks, and then found out I was pregnant with Ellie. I tried Weight Watchers again in February 2008. I lost 17 pounds before I, you guessed it, found out I was pregnant. This seems to be a trend with me. So the goal for this year is to lose the weight without getting pregnant. (I feel like I'm taking a big risk with this one. So wish me luck. I don't think I could handle 2 babies in the same year.)

3. Continue paying off debts. The goal is to have my student loan paid off by Christmas. It will take some sacrificing, but I'm sure we can do it.

4. I'm also going to continue making shorter-term goals on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. That seemed to work well for me in 2008, so it's something I definitely want to keep doing.

Good luck with all your New Year resolutions, goals, or what have you.

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hey, resolutions are good. But, just remember you will be a mother of 3. You'll be glad to wash your hair! How are you feeling?

Janelle said...

Your not getting pregnant resolution made me laugh cause that was my resolution for last year and I made it a whole year with no pregnancies! Lets see if I can make it 3 or 4 more years or maybe forever!

Jill said...

You will be sitting quite a bit feeding that new little one. Why not have a book close by that you can grab and read while nursing. :) Also, have one in the library (bathroom) that you can read. :)Just a few suggestions.

Jodi said...

It sounds like a certain someone starts feeling a bit sexy when they lose some weight! Try to resist the urges Laura! haha
Good luck, I know you can do it!
I'm back on the wagon after falling off for the holidays.
Oh and good luck having #3! Holy cow...I can't believe it, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!