Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who Needs Sleep?

Apparently not me. It seems that Kimberly has joined the ranks of family members who think I need little or no sleep at night.

When she came home from the hospital we had 1 or 2 rough nights. And by "rough" I mean she woke up 3 times. For the past week or so, I've been so happy about her only waking up once during the night. Okay, sometimes twice.

Now her days and nights are switched, and I'm not too pleased about it. I'm sure Makayla and Ellie aren't too thrilled to have a crabby mother, either. What can I say--lack of sleep makes me very, very cranky. (That whole stay-up-until-midnight-to-ring-in-the-new-year thing is definitely not for me.)

I'm so glad that tomorrow is the beginning of Kasey's week off. Now at least if I don't get any sleep at night I'll be able to take a nap during the day without waking up to the remains of Hurricanes Makayla and Ellie. Which is exactly what happened when I attempted to take a nap this morning.

*sigh* I hope that it doesn't take too long for Kimberly to figure out that light equals awake and dark equals asleep.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Kimberly figures that out quick as well.
At least Kasey will be home this week!! I know the feeling... no sleep makes a crabby Mom here, too!

Aubrey said...

Oh, Laura...She did the classic baby switcheroo on you. They sleep well the first few days to make sure that you fall in love with them...then, when you're hooked...they flip the switch!!!

Kami said...

I'm sorry!! I don't do well with a lack of sleep either! Good luck! I hope she gets it figured out fast too!

ann said...

Hope you are doing better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura... your Mom gave me the link to your blog! I didn't even know you were expecting again.. and I look and you have 3 ADORABLE little girls! Congratulations!!! We're expecting another little boy in March, we are very excited. I'm glad I got your blog link... now I can keep up on you and your VERY CUTE family! Loads of Love Tricia Woosltenhulme

Julie N. said...

Hello Laura and family! I was so excited to stumble across your new blog! I found it on Jodi Brown's blog. Anyway, we're glad you're doing well and you have a new addition to your family. Your girls are so cute! Take care!

The Nebekers

Cordie said...

Laura! Thanks for letting me know you look at my blog. It really is nice to know who is looking :) Congrats on the new addition to the family, she is BEAUTIFUL! Feel free to say hi anytime you want, it is fun to reconnect with so many people.

Ryan and Leah said...

Laura, Congratulations on the new little one. Hope you start getting more sleep soon.