When he found out that they were coming out with "The Simpson's Movie," he was beyond excited. But of course, he had to work, and we never made it to the theatre. After it came out on DVD, I rented it to humor him. I surprised myself when I sat down to watch it and laughed right along with him.
This is our favorite clip from the whole movie. And because we're kind of weird, we like to sing it randomly. It's a great way to break the tension after we've had a disagreement about something. Now Makayla even knows the song, and it's hilarious listening to her sing it. (If only my camera recorded sound. Then I could share.)
These quotes are the original reason for posting about the Simpson's. I read them on some random blog that I came across. They gave me a good laugh. Hopefully they will do the same for you. (If you aren't already laughing from Spider Pig.)
- I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!
- Well, crying isn't gonna bring him back, unless your tears smell like dog food.
- I don't hate your mother, I just won't be sad when she dies.
- Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
- Trying is the first step toward failure.
- When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something.
- America's health care system is second only to Japan, Canada, Sweden, Great Britain, well...all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!
- It's like something out of that "twilighty" show about that zone.
- It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.
- When I first heard that Marge was joining the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, you know like that movie..."Spaceballs." But instead it was dark and disturbing, like that movie "Police Academy."
- You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is "never try."
- Don't let Krusty's death get you down, boy. People die all the time, just like that. Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow! Well, good night!
- First you don't want me to get the pony, then you want me to take it back. Make up your mind!
- Now, Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
- You can't go wrong with cocktail weenies. They look as good as they taste. And they come in this delicious red sauce. It looks like ketchup, it tastes like ketchup, but brother, it ain't ketchup!
- Shut up, brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!
5 comments:
Laura? are you OK? Really the Simpson's? They are funny I just can't watch them ever!!!!!!!
The boys sing spider pig as well!! Even though they have never seen the movie!
I agree with Ann!!! There was a reason they were banned at our house when you were growing up. :)
I'm with Kasey on this one, Charlie and I love the simpons and we have several seasons on DVD and we bought the movie, it's great. I love stupid humor. But I was also not aloud to watch them growing up, but I wasn't aloud to watch saved-by-the-bell either, my grandma thought it was too old for me. ha ha
Those are funny quotes, but I still don't think I could stand watching them.
Post a Comment