Today I was tying up a few loose ends before the girls and I could go over to a friend's house. Makayla came into the kitchen wearing a sun dress from last summer. And while I don't mind her wearing it around the house, I don't want her to wear it outside (it's not that warm yet) or at a friend's house while she is playing.
I said, "Makayla, you need to put some pants on before we go to your friend's house."
"But I can just wear this dress."
"No you can't. Go change your clothes."
"Nooooo!! I want to wear this dress."
"Go change your clothes right now! You are not going anywhere in that outfit!"
After I said that I stopped abruptly and thought to myself, Wow! Now that's a conversation I didn't expect to have for a few more years.
4 comments:
THATS A FUNNY STORY! So did she change her clothes? Or just put pants under her dress?
She changed.
great story!
LOL - That's awesome. Good practice for later, anyway.
Post a Comment