Tuesday, February 12, 2008
A Post Full of Pictures
I haven't posted pictures in quite some time. Mostly it's because I've been too lazy to empty my card onto my computer. Well, today I finally did it. So here is a not-so-quick catch up from January and February. Starting with the most recent....
Today Makayla's class exchanged valentines. Little Wyatt got her a special valentine: this cute little puppy. Makayla loves that puppy and has named it Connie, after the lady at the movie store. Don't ask!
Last Sunday, I got up early to get the girls ready for church. On a whim, I decided to try Ellie's hair in pigtails. Success!! What is it about little girls and pigtails that I love so much? I don't know, but she sure looked cute!
This picture is so sad to me. Ellie fell and hit her head on the corner of the fridge. She immediately got a goose egg and a huge bruise. This picture does not do the injury justice. It looked so much worse in person. Look at her sad, puffy, red eyes. :(
I've never let Makayla bake with me before. Yeah, I know, I'm a horrible mom. Blah, blah, blah. But I was inspired by Mandy's post about her boy making muffins. So I broke out the mixer and ingredients and let Makayla help me make some cookies for her daddy.
We mixed them up, and I let Makayla scoop them onto the cookie sheet.
Then I remembered that I had some left over sugar cookie dough in the fridge. So I let her roll out the dough for those.
Cutting out the dough.
Enjoying a Devil's Food Cookie after a long afternoon of baking.
Speaking of baking, when I made my first apple pie the first week of January, I burned it. My second attempt was a week later. See how pretty it turned out? It tasted pretty darn good too. It only lasted 24 hours at my house. And that's because we were asleep for 8 of those 24 hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
holy retro playlist, batman!
cute pictures. wyatt must be seriously in love with makayla if he could convince his mom to buy an extra special valentine just for her. that's so funny. just watch, they'll be married in 20 years and we'll all just laugh about how they met in preschool so many years ago. haha.
These pictures are so cute I love pictures. I love the pictures of Makayla cooking she looks so excited to be able to help, and no you aren't a bad mom I never let my kids even in the kitchen, although Mandy's blog did make me think maybe I should too although I deceided to wait to do it at Grandma's house cause the kitchen is bigger and then I don't have to worry about the mess.
That is so funny about the v-day puppy! young love is really cute! Just wait until she is 9 or 10 not so cute!!!!!
I love your pictures! Cooking with the kids is so fun I love it. the boys help out all the time, Sometimes they don't want to. that makes me sad! can't they stay little forever?
No, you aren't a bad mom. You just didn't have a very good example. I didn't let you kids help me bake very often. It drove me crazy! Great pictures! I've been wondering what happened to you lately.
in response to your response, i graduated from isu in december 2002. if you're trying not to buy the movie at maverik, do me a favor and buy it for me because i really really need it. i'm trying to replace all of my vhs movies since they don't want to work for me very much anymore.
I also enjoyed your pictures of your girls! They are so adorable! I love that your oldest has a "girl"friend! hee, hee!!
Oh, your girls are so cute!! Paden's had some pretty bad bumps on his head too. I feel so bad for them!
HOLY CRAP YOUR GIRLS ARE SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL. The close up of Makayla eating a cookie should be framed! And you use Recipezaar? I thought I was the only American to use that site, lol. The Aussie lingo & ingredients throws me off.... but I've about got it figured out. My username is Let's Cook!
Have to tell you I just love your blog! Great entries - you keep me entertained. :)
Looks like she's doing a great job!!! Your kids are so cute and are so much bigger than last time I saw them.
Jamie
keithandjamie.blogspot.com
Post a Comment