My sister-in-law gave me this recipe about 4 years ago. It is oh so yummy! And quite easy to make for all you non-bakers out there. She got it off the Food Network and couldn't remember the real name of it. I call it Apple-Berry Cookie Cobbler.
Ingredients
1 can apple pie filling
1 16ish oz bag frozen berries (I've never used fresh, but I'm sure you could)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (sometimes I use more, sometimes I don't bother measuring)
1 tube refrigerator sugar cookie dough
Directions
Mix first 4 ingredients. Pour into 8x8 ungreased pan. Put cookie dough on top. I've tried this a couple different ways. I've sliced the dough and then placed it on top. I've also just ripped of small blobs of dough and dropped them on top. It tastes the same either way, so just choose which ever method appeals to you most. Then bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I'd recommend putting a cookie sheet under the 8x8 to catch any drips. It's easier than cleaning your oven the next morning.
Topped with whipped cream, this makes an excellent dessert. It also makes a really terrific breakfast. Now, go make some and tell me what you think!
**Oh, one more thing. Tonight when I was making this, I didn't have any store-bought sugar cookie dough, so I just made my own. It was really good, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment