Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd tell you about the most romantic thing Kasey has ever done for me.
Our good friend, Paula, threw my bridal shower for me. It was lots of fun. We just had a BBQ at her dad's house, chatted and opened presents. Very casual. Very fun.
Near the end, Paula said that she and Kasey had a present for me too. Her dad brought a TV and VCR outside. She said their original plan had been to ask Kasey questions about me and see how many he could answer correctly. But Kasey openly admitted that he probably wouldn't know stuff like my favorite color.
Paula asked if we had a song. Kasey thought and thought and finally said that we like to make fun of Hero by Enrique Iglesias together. She said That'll work.
She then proceeded to film Kasey in 4 different locations singing and dancing to that song. Then Paula spent hours in the editing room at the college splicing the 4 videos together into 1 movie with Enrique doing the singing.
The result is 4 minutes and 24 seconds of the sweetest, funniest, most romantic stuff that makes up my husband.
The first time I watched it, I laughed. The second time I watched it, I cried. It was the perfect gift!
My aunt who attended the shower said, I wish my husband would do something like that for me.
Kasey's friends gave him a hard time about it. They said it wasn't fair for him to set the bar so high, because they would never do something like that. And now their girlfriends/fiances would expect the same from them.
I was thinking about it a few days ago and broke out the DVD. My reaction? I laughed and then cried. Amazing that it gets the same reaction from me almost 6 years later.
So there you go, the most romantic thing Kasey has ever done for me.
6 comments:
That is really cute. I definately haven't heard that story before, thanks for sharing. Hope he stays romantic for you.
I remember watching that video and thinking how cool it was that Kasey would do that for you. And yes, he did set the bar very high for most men.
I never did see that video! Maybe someday! hope you have a great V-day!
My parents still have the penguin! You should load that onto your computer, then on to here so everyone can share the joy!!! Kasey did an awesome job!
What a cute story! How very romantic! Aren't you a lucky girl!
I remember that video! If he hasn't done anything that romantic since then maybe he set the bar too high for himself too! hahaha Paula should start selling her ideas like this one to all the unromantic guys out there. I be she could make a fortune....especially this time of year!
Post a Comment