Friday, February 1, 2008

Young Love

Makayla goes to preschool 4 mornings a week. There is this little boy, Wyatt, in her class that has a huge crush on her. It's so adorable. I can't get over what a sweet little boy he is.

Yesterday morning I took Makayla to class. As always, she hung up her backpack and coat and sat down at the table for craft time. Wyatt was already sitting, working on his project. As soon as Makayla sat down, he picked up his stuff and moved around to the other side of the table. He scooted his chair right up against hers and then sat down.

It was so funny!

----------------

Everyday the kids have to check in and check out of class. This is done by taking their Dora backpack that has their name and photo on it and place it on the board. Inside the class to show they've checked in and in the hallway to show they've checked out.

Each day, Wyatt waits for Makayla to check out so he can put his backpack next to hers on the board. One day, Makayla put her backpack on the board, but the spot next to her was already taken. So Wyatt moved the other kid's backpack so his could be next to Makayla's. This happens every single day!

-----------------

On the way out of the school, Wyatt always tries to walk next to Makayla. Then they part ways with a See you tomorrow, or Have a good weekend.

For the past week, once we get into the car, Makayla has said to me He's my girlfriend. So I asked her Did Wyatt say you were his girlfriend?

Yes. I'm his girlfriend and he is my girlfriend.

I tried to tell her that he is a boy and therefore, a boyfriend. But she will not be convinced otherwise.

Kasey's not crazy about this whole situation, but I think it's adorable and find it a daily source of entertainment. Of course, I may not feel the same way in 10 or 12 years.

P.S. I had my ice cream, and it was totally worth 12 hours of work!

6 comments:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

How cute is this? How fun to have a girlfriend at preschool.

Anonymous said...

hee, hee!!! That is so funny!! And this is a GREAT example of why I LOVE reading your blog!!

Veronica said...

Oh, if we could all just be that cute. I think kids are just great they say and do the funniest things, but to them they are totally convinced they are right.

ann said...

How sweet!!! Jared would be the same way!!!!

Connor Devin Harris said...

How funny!! I find it good entertainment as well (at least at this age!) That is hilarious that she calls him her girlfriend!! How cute!! The joys of being a mom, eh?

charlieymichelle said...

Ya just wait until she starts to kiss her 'girl-friends' then you really won't think thats so cute. But it's pretty funny that she calls his the girl-friend.